Menu

The things that happen while we are 'schooling'

This reminds me of the time I went downstairs to do some laundry (start a load, flip a load, so not that long) when my oldest 2 were about that age, and I came upstairs to a lot of water on the living room floor (hardwood). When I asked my them what they were doing, they informed me they were skiing. A couple of weeks later, I went to the basement to do the same thing, and came upstairs to baby powder all over the living room floor. When I asked what they were doing, I was informed they were snow skiing.

:grouphug: and really, you'll be :lol: or at least :001_smile: about it in a couple of years when they've (mostly) stopped that kind of mischief.

One day last week, I started a pile on our dining room table of everything my almost-2-year-old had broken that day including cartridges for our CD player and the transition piece for our kitchen floor (you know - the piece of trim that goes between the hard floor and the carpet? She had pulled it up and brought it to me in two pieces.)

I keep telling myself next year will be easier when she is 3, but the OP's post doesn't give me much encouragement.:tongue_smilie:

Even now, DH and I laugh at her escapes at night after the kids are in bed, but she does make the days difficult.

Today my eldest was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher when I heard something glass crash to the floor. My 2yo had used the rolling pin like a baseball bat to take out a line of glasses on the counter.

About an hour ago my 2yo disappeared into the kitchen for a few minutes. I went in to shoo him away (thinking he was trying to sneak granola bars from the cupboard again) and found him standing on a chair he had pulled up to the counter. His face was smeared with gunk, the spice cupboard was open, empty bottles were everywhere, and there was an open jar of peanut butter with a butter knife sticking out of it right in the middle of the mess. I shook my head and said, "Son! What are you doing?!?"

He smiled the biggest smile at me and replied, "Making it, Mom! Mixing it! I cooking!" Awwww...:001_wub: Almost made me forget the $30+ worth of spices I have to replace!

yesterday while I was warming up some lunch I can back to find the cat inside a pillowcase going for a "ride"... like at an amusement park. They thought the cat would like some fun too... :glare:

Our cat really enjoys this. If he falls out of the bag, he will catch up with DS and climb back in the bag.

I was browning sausage on the stove, on the back burner and went to answer a question for my dd. Ds managed to get the chair over to the stove, find the bottle of almond extract in the cabinet and dump it in the sausage in about 3 minutes. I'm fairly certain it was premeditated. Random naughtiness should take a little time to accomplish, right? His excuse? "Mommy, I'm cooking like you!"

I don't think I've ever made anything that smells quite as bad as sausage and almond extract frying together. GAG!

My three year old was being so quiet yesterday during math...

My oldest boy found her in hallway, triumpantly holding the scissors, with a pile of long, blond hair at her feet. She got the front on both sides, but at least the back is still intact. As she told her devastated daddy, "I can be still pretty!"

I was working with my ds6 downstairs and my ds8 ran upstairs for a break. My ds3 came running around the corner yelling "fire! fire!" so my ds8 starts yelling "fire!". With my heart in my throat I tear up the stairs to find sparks flying from my microwave. Ds3 had stuck a dvd in there and turned it on. Fortunately it didn't really catch fire but shook him up pretty good.

I have had both the younger boys, when they were two, completely dump every toy bin, bookshelf, and dresser drawer in the boys' room in the time it takes to teach one math lesson. At least the math got ccompleted, even if it did take me a few hours to clean up. This happened more than once with the youngest.