Menu

Just got an e-mail from DH, can someone pass the Kleenex?

Guest RecumbentHeart

Guest RecumbentHeart

Last night DH and I had one of those talks. DH had been trying to work on our relationship for years but it was only in the past year that I became motivated to do something so we've been working at it and had been improving greatly - better than it's ever been since we didn't start out "madly in love" and just generally didn't have a great start at all. He's been working a lot out of town over the past month (finally back on schedule) and all the progress had been undone for me going for so long with having no time to invest in what I needed to feel close, just what he needed (if you know what I mean .. and you probably do). He was hurt by the regression, I was hurt by his response and stopped trying to communicate my feelings and hence, downward spiral culminating in last night's talk. Well, it wasn't just that, it's been aggravated by some personal issues I'm having to deal with and trying to finally make peace with (abused and abandoned by father, previously divorced by a similar character) while watching my BIL go through the (almost) fairy-tale courtship DH and I never had. Yeah .. I'm a mess.

Anyway ... it wasn't heated by any means ... but it was humbling and we didn't make obvious progress before bed. My husband has to be the most humble and patient man I know and tries so hard.

Today he sent me an email entitled, "Care to dance, my love?" with this link inside:

(CC, btw)

I just want to bawl! So who has the Kleenex?

I love this song. I listen to contemporary Christian music 99% of the time and I have heard this song hundreds of times, but I didn't really stop and listen (truly LISTEN) to it until today. It is beautiful. God said he would never leave us or forsake us - and that is the same promise we made when we took our vows. Today is my and dh's anniversary - 8 years. Has it been easy? No, not at all. But God brought us together and He will take care of us.

"It's harder than we ever thought it would be, but that's what the promise is for." That says it perfectly.

I, too, am working on diffusing minefields. May God bless us all for being willing to do the hard work to honor our promises, and may He grant us wisdom and understanding.

:grouphug:

:iagree:

This song is exactly what I needed. Thank you for sharing it. Going back to the minefields in Faith that He will honor our promises...

better than it's ever been since we didn't start out "madly in love" and just generally didn't have a great start at all.

What a sweetie!

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has taken a bumpy road to get to a good point in my marriage. DH & I got married because we "had to." (The pressure was in our own minds-- our parents would have accepted DS just fine, married or no.) And it's been a long haul to get to where we're really loving each other. Totally worth the effort, IMO.