Menu

Just wanted to say, "Thank You!"

I have been more of a lurker than a poster lately, but I simply had to take a minute to say THANK YOU to all of you wonderful folks for the tips, advice and links that you post. Homeschooling is a wonderful, but sometimes downright frightening and lonely journey. This board has saved my sanity and my will to keep homeschooling several times. To the person that posted the link in another thread to Mightybookjr with the FREE (for a year!) code......I can't say thanks enough. I really can't. To all of you. :grouphug:

Well, I might just join you and also say thankyou to everyone here who over the years has also provided so much companionship and reassurance. This is such a unique place and there have been so many times when only people here could possibly understand what I was going through.

And thankyou to Susan Wise Bauer and her team, for making this all possible.

Well, I might just join you and also say thankyou to everyone here who over the years has also provided so much companionship and reassurance. This is such a unique place and there have been so many times when only people here could possibly understand what I was going through.

And thankyou to Susan Wise Bauer and her team, for making this all possible.

Thank you, Peela. I have learned so much from your posts!

I don't think I can thank you all enough. I have been smiling all day! Many people have offered to share resources with us at no cost and have offered some great tips and links. I know that we will make it and it is all thanks to you ladies! May God Bless each and every one of you in some way today!!!!!

Yes, this is an amazing forum, and it must cost SWB a lot of money to keep it going. I started visiting this forum while I was on a six-week waiting list to check out TWTM from the library years ago. Where else could you find an international teacher's lounge? While I was actually hs'ing, I tended to lurk on this board, and posted mostly on the K-8 and then later the HS boards.

Some of the information posted here is interesting and even helpful, but it can go beyond that. There was a regular poster back then who posted about how one of her dd's was adjusting to an insulin pump. I read the thread--I don't really know why; maybe just in case b/c there is a family history of Type I in dh's family. When my son started showing symptoms, I remembered those posts and realized that it was time to get him to the doctor. The doctors gave me the credit for being unusually observant, but the credit really belongs to a fellow WTM'er. Otherwise, we'd probably have followed the usual route of a frantic visit to the ER. Instead, ds was diagnosed in the ped's office and went to a ped endo the same day. So, yes, I agree!

Last week I had my WWE workbook cut apart and bound at a Staples. This'll make the next level work SO much easier. I never would have thought of having it done (or thought that it COULD be done) were it not for having read about it here.

I've found a couple of useful programs from being here as well.

I'm very grateful for the boards - and the posters!

This board has become my homeschooling lifeline, and I have learned SO much about homeschooling and the world in general! I love how I can come here after an especially stressful day to know that I am not alone and to receive advice to carry on. Even if I don't post a question, someone else probably has, and I love how I am learning constantly by being a member here.

I've been inspired to declutter, excercise, eat healthier, cook more from scratch, explore more, read more... many wonderful mores that are making me a better person!

Thank you to SWB and all the wonderful ladies and men on here! The inspiration I receive on this board is immeasurable and priceless.