Menu

Can someone explain KROGER MEGA DEALS to me please?

I don't pay much attention to the terminology. I don't know which deal is going on for you right now--do you have a Kroger sales flyer handy?

At my Kroger this week, they have a deal where you "Save $5 at checkout when you buy any 10 participating products." So you have to buy 10 of the items with the special tag (mix & match--any combination of those items), and you get $5 off instantly at checkout.

They have other deals where their ad and sale tags will say "10/$10" or something similar, but you don't have to buy that many to get the sale price. Each one would be $1 (at least here in Ohio).

We have a Fry's grocery here. Fry's is a Kroger store. Usually you have to buy 10 items in the group of participating products to get the low price. Sometimes you are limited to buying only 20 participating products per transaction. The idea is that if you buy 10 you get $5 off your total--so it's 50 cents off each item. Combine the sales with coupons and you can get some great deals!

Looking at this week's Kroger ad, if you have a Kroger Card you Can get 8 oz. of Philadelphia Cream Cheese for $1.69. That would be $.20 off the regular price. But, if you buy a combination of any ten participating items, the cream cheese would cost $1.19. The larger savings only occurs in multiples of 10. If you buy 11-19 qualifying items, you only get the extra $.50 off on the first ten items.

This week's ad includes Kleenex tissues and Duracell batteries. It might be a good time to stock up.