Menu

Writing

RainbowSprinkles

What is a strong writing program that doesn't need to be supplemented by any other writing program? (we will do written history narrations separately)

I've thought about MCT, but it doesn't seem to be very strong in writing instruction. I've looked at Classical Writing. While it looks great, I don't want to just buy something based on my first impression. I do like that both of these are all-in-one.

If you know of any others out there, I'd love to check them out! Thanks :)

Now I'm confused - from reading here, I thought writing was the primary strength of MCT, while grammar was a bit on the weaker/less complete side. :confused:

:lurk5:

have you looked at IEW? I don't think it's my style but my impression is that it's complete, for writing (but nothing else)

Edited by wapiti

I used Writing with Ease levels 1-3 with my son and he will start Write Shop in the fall. It will take us 2 years to go through the whole program--in time for him to be through it before we start high school writing. He is 11 right now and HATES writing. I checked into Classical Writing, Classical Composition, Meaningful Composition, and IEW, before deciding on Write Shop.

Jennifer

I used Writing with Ease levels 1-3 with my son and he will start Write Shop in the fall. It will take us 2 years to go through the whole program--in time for him to be through it before we start high school writing. He is 11 right now and HATES writing. I checked into Classical Writing, Classical Composition, Meaningful Composition, and IEW, before deciding on Write Shop.

Jennifer

Thank you! I will look into these.

We're using and enjoying Writing Tales 1. It follows the same methodology of CW but provides a more user-friendly approach for the teacher. There are currently only two levels, so unless more are developed we will likely move into CW Homer after completing WT2.