Menu

Thinking of using the SOTW quizzes instead of the AG

Halcyon

We are really enjoying just reading SOTW 3 and getting a lot of other books out of the library right now. We just finished up SOTW 2 a few weeks ago, and I hadn't yet purchased the AG for SOTW 3...and I'm not sure I want to. I know it has good things in it (we had AG 1 and 2) but I always felt a bit overwhelmed by it. We already get lots of books out of the library relevant to the topic at hand, we do narrations...I will miss the maps, but can't justify the cost just for the maps. I thought maybe I'd just get the quizzes so DS can review the material.

I feel like I am not doing whole hog SOTW right now...but...it's kinda nice too :). We do so many other history-related activities (lapbooks, mini books, etc) that it's quite nice not to feel the guilt of not doing the AG...:lol:

I am torn!

Well, if it's working for you, then maybe that's your answer? :) You'd have to pry my AG out of my cold, dead hands. :tongue_smilie: My library has a large collection and the suggestions in the AG make it easier to find appropriate books. I also love the maps. We do the projects only occasionally. Some of my kids like to color the coloring pages while listening to the chapter.

Well, if it's working for you, then maybe that's your answer? :) You'd have to pry my AG out of my cold, dead hands. :tongue_smilie: My library has a large collection and the suggestions in the AG make it easier to find appropriate books. I also love the maps. We do the projects only occasionally. Some of my kids like to color the coloring pages while listening to the chapter.

:iagree:

This is us exactly. We love the maps and my kids are getting so much out of them. I have been trying to decide whether or not to get the AG for SOTW 4 for next year and I have to do it. My kids will be so disappointed if we don't have the maps. I will probably have to buy the coloring pages as well.