Menu

I need TOG help for Mac users... anybody?

plain jane

I'm trying to access the files for TOG's book updates. I only have the printed version but my understanding from talking to the TOG people (repeatedly :glare:) is that I can access the pages for the books that they've updated.

So, I've downloaded LockLizard, installed it, and got my license registered. I download a .pdf for the new book and when I click to open it tells me that the file can't open in Adobe because "it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."

I know I need to get these files to open with LockLizard, not just Adobe, but I can't seem to right-click and select an option where I choose what program to open with (like I can on a Windows computer). It only lets me use Adobe.

I know there must be a way around this but I don't know how. Today is one of the few days I have to myself where I have no other obligations and I need to devote it to getting my TOG stuff in order. I can't seem to make this work and I've called TOG and the lady there is no help. :(

I know this shouldn't be this hard. Can anybody help me?

I'm trying to access the files for TOG's book updates. I only have the printed version but my understanding from talking to the TOG people (repeatedly :glare:) is that I can access the pages for the books that they've updated.

So, I've downloaded LockLizard, installed it, and got my license registered. I download a .pdf for the new book and when I click to open it tells me that the file can't open in Adobe because "it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."

I know I need to get these files to open with LockLizard, not just Adobe, but I can't seem to right-click and select an option where I choose what program to open with (like I can on a Windows computer). It only lets me use Adobe.

I know there must be a way around this but I don't know how. Today is one of the few days I have to myself where I have no other obligations and I need to devote it to getting my TOG stuff in order. I can't seem to make this work and I've called TOG and the lady there is no help. :(

I know this shouldn't be this hard. Can anybody help me?

Not a Mac user but what you are describing sounds like what happened to me also. I got in touch with Lampstand Press and got it fixed. Ray (from Lampstand Press) told me that there was some kind of problem with the way my account was set up and he fixed it. Here's a link. Just use the live support or use the e-mail to contact tech support.

http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/help/

This is a tech issue so you may not have been speaking to the right people. Come back and post if you get it figured out :).