Menu

I have a Kindle problem!

I experimented with the search the web function last night, and it froze on me. I was able to get out of where I was and back to the home (kindle, not web) page but now there is a bar at the top of the screen that looks like a search bar that says reload at the end of it. I cannot get to that bar to hit reload or do anything to it. It is there on every single page that I go to and hides the first couple lines of text in my books. Does anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it? At the moment, I have wireless and web turned off. I've only had it a few days so I don't know how to maneuver through everything yet. Please help!

If no one here knows, where do I go to find help. Does Amazon offer online help?

I would call amazon they are very helpful.

I cannot visit facebook on my kindle cause it locks it up everytime. Some of the other links work just fine though.

I ended up with the tech guy having to do a hard restart. He just had me hold the start button for a long time until it shut off and then restarted itself. But I had to hold it for at least 30 secs.

I experimented with the search the web function last night, and it froze on me. I was able to get out of where I was and back to the home (kindle, not web) page but now there is a bar at the top of the screen that looks like a search bar that says reload at the end of it. I cannot get to that bar to hit reload or do anything to it. It is there on every single page that I go to and hides the first couple lines of text in my books. Does anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it? At the moment, I have wireless and web turned off. I've only had it a few days so I don't know how to maneuver through everything yet. Please help!

If no one here knows, where do I go to find help. Does Amazon offer online help?

Hit the menu button for your home screen and go into settings. Hit the menu button on the settings screen, and click on restart. If that doesn't fix it you can restore it to factory defaults from the same screen.

I would call amazon they are very helpful.

I cannot visit facebook on my kindle cause it locks it up everytime. Some of the other links work just fine though.

I ended up with the tech guy having to do a hard restart. He just had me hold the start button for a long time until it shut off and then restarted itself. But I had to hold it for at least 30 secs.

yep, it was facebook that did it. won't be doing that again. thanks for your help!