Menu

If you have a laptop, what cooling pad do you use?

We also prop ours up in the back, but if you are still concerned about heat, we aim a small desk fan (think $5 at any large box type store, WalMart, Target, etc.) at the laptop when in use. That cools it down and gives the internal fan a break as well.

the only problem with that, you have to be super diligent about dusting the fan, otherwise the fan just blows dust on the laptop.

But, yes, we've managed for almost 4 yrs with this method (and our laptop is our only computer, in use during all daylight hours, in the tropics, with no A/C).

I have never used a cooling pad for any of our laptops, and have had no problems with them.

Cat

:iagree: Mine only gets hot when playing a video, and it hasn't seemed to cause any problems. I didn't even know there were cooling pads for laptops!

I have never used a cooling pad for any of our laptops, and have had no problems with them.

Cat

We don't either. Mine already sits up in the back so there's airflow underneath and my son's seems to run cool enough (He did have an issue once, and I think it just needed a good cleaning. It's still going strong--and it's a four year old Dell.).