Menu

One more Kindle question re: audio books...

My hubby listens to audio books on his little MP3 before bed many nights. He mostly uses LibriVox. Has anyone downloaded audio books on their Kindle from LibriVox or any other site? I'm wondering if the voice is the actual download...or, if Kindle has it's own "voice." Do you like the audio feature? Any other opinions or info?

Thanks!

~Holly

Hi Holly,

I play music on my Kindle. It sounds like a Ipod...great audio.

That said, I have not tried a recorded book, but I would imagine that it would be like the music.

Kindle also has a feature where you can tell it to read to you, from a regular book (not an audio book). That voice is terrible. It's a very monotone computer voice.

You can always call Amazon too. They have great customer service.

Chuck gave me the plain, non lit leather cover with the Kindle for Christmas. But when I used the cover, the Kindle would freeze. I called Amazon and they refunded the leather cover and then gave me a lighted one free!

Hi Holly,

I play music on my Kindle. It sounds like a Ipod...great audio.

That said, I have not tried a recorded book, but I would imagine that it would be like the music.

Kindle also has a feature where you can tell it to read to you, from a regular book (not an audio book). That voice is terrible. It's a very monotone computer voice.

You can always call Amazon too. They have great customer service.

Chuck gave me the plain, non lit leather cover with the Kindle for Christmas. But when I used the cover, the Kindle would freeze. I called Amazon and they refunded the leather cover and then gave me a lighted one free!

Thank you!

Smiles!

~Holly