Menu

I NEED you tell me I am CRAZY for even thinking about it

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here's where we are at... we talked and prayed and prayed and talked....

And we are going for it. :D

Dh said to me "We have always said that if we had the money and the opportunity we would have a house full of kids. Well it's time to put up or shut up." :lol::lol:

He has a way of getting right to the point. There is no REAL reason for us NOT to. We love kids. We have said for years that we wanted a big family. We can afford it. The baby is being placed right into our lives without us looking for her. etc. etc.

We are proceeding cautiously as this is a private adoption and anything could go wrong. But the adoption liason is contacting the birthmom today to let her know we want to move forward with the adoption so I guess we will go from there!

So with God's blessing and provision, in about 5 or 6 weeks we should have Olivia Carolyn joining our family! We have yet to tell anyone IRL and we are going to wait until the details are firm but we are all thrilled including Prema who loves babies!!!

This is so very exciting! It's been fun to hear your dh's heart in all this, too, how neat! He does have two pinky fingers, so now he'll be balanced.

I look forward to the official congratulations in a few weeks. i will pray that time passes quickly for you, as I'm guessing it may seem so very slow.

What do the boys think? Can you tell them yet?

Dh said to me "We have always said that if we had the money and the opportunity we would have a house full of kids. Well it's time to put up or shut up." :lol::lol:

He has a way of getting right to the point. There is no REAL reason for us NOT to. We love kids. We have said for years that we wanted a big family. We can afford it. The baby is being placed right into our lives without us looking for her. etc. etc.

We are proceeding cautiously as this is a private adoption and anything could go wrong. But the adoption liason is contacting the birthmom today to let her know we want to move forward with the adoption so I guess we will go from there!

So with God's blessing and provision, in about 5 or 6 weeks we should have Olivia Carolyn joining our family! We have yet to tell anyone IRL and we are going to wait until the details are firm but we are all thrilled including Prema who loves babies!!!

Thanks for sharing the exciting news! I'm so happy for you!!

Awww congratulations honey. That's so cool your dd will have a sister close in age. :)

:party::party::party:

Congrats! I am praying that the whole process goes perfectly smoothly for all of you! How exciting! There is a little girl that has no idea how blessed her life has just become :001_wub:.

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support. It is going to be a little crazy but I think we are up for it. In addition to both of us working full time, homeschooling our oldest ds half the day, a new baby, I teach a class at the school twice a week and I am in my last semester of grad school! I graduate on April 25 so I just have to hold my head above water until then.:D

Now I am waiting on pins and needles for the adoption liason to call me back.

Heather,

I know I have posted twice already in this thread, but I just have to say that I am beyond happy for you. I know how you longed and prayed for a baby girl. Then this opportunity to move to Malaysia was opened up to you, and you and your husband allowed God to work in your life. And look how He has blessed you!!! He has so many gifts for us if we will just step out in faith. His goodness amazes me. I am praying for a smooth and hassle free adoption. Much love and blessings.

Nakia

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support. It is going to be a little crazy but I think we are up for it. In addition to both of us working full time, homeschooling our oldest ds half the day, a new baby, I teach a class at the school twice a week and I am in my last semester of grad school! I graduate on April 25 so I just have to hold my head above water until then.:D

Woo-hoo! Bill and I are continuing to pray for you here!

Wow! Do keep us updated - I keep coming back here, hoping for more news!

That is too beautiful! Wow!

From a unique perspective I have babies born in the same year who are not twins. It's been six years. Yeah, there have been some tricky spots where the juggling was challenging. But never once did I not think they were worth it. You work through it all. ;)

Congratulations mama!

From a unique perspective I have babies born in the same year who are not twins. It's been six years. Yeah, there have been some tricky spots where the juggling was challenging. But never once did I not think they were worth it. You work through it all. ;)

Congratulations mama!

Aren't those what people used to call Irish twins? No offense intended if that's not PC, but I just wanted to clarify the expression.