Menu

Jack LaLanne has died.

A quote from the news release:

LaLanne's wife of 51 years released a statement on her husband's passing: "I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon, but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for," Elaine said.

Isn't that precious? He sounds like he was a very good, loving husband.:)

Thanks for posting this. We lived near where his show was taped (Jack London Square!). It was the ONLY thing on tv at 6:30? 7:00? a.m. back then. I still remember those oh-so-odd face (stretching) exercises he did. (Sometimes I do them now in the hopes that it might work, lol.) I remember him swimming to Alcatraz Island.

Off to email my sister and remember.

LaLanne's wife of 51 years released a statement on her husband's passing: "I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon, but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for," Elaine said.

That is the best!

I remember when he switched from b/w to color, too. I remember the "workout" music - that organ!

Oh that brings tears to my eyes. How wonderful that they could have a life together. I love it when someone we all admire is worth admiring. (As opposed to the John Edwards type. Too bad God couldn't have taken John Edwards and left Jack to spend a few more happy years with his wife and family.)

I think he got hsi start in Fontana, CA - I remember seeing his name on a building there when I was a kid. I can't find anything on the internet about that place - though I guess he started in the 50s - before my childhood. Sad he passed :(

Edited by 5KidzRUs