Menu

Cheapest place to buy S.A.F. yeast?

I always used this and then I received another kind with my Bread Beckers order. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to work. It's odd, but it works in my regular ww bread but not always in other types of bread that I'm making. After reading that others have had problems with other yeasts besides S.A.F., I decided to order more and paid $10.79 for 16 oz on Amazon. Next time I would love to find a cheaper source. Does anyone have one?

I get mine from Pleasant Hill Grain. Its not expensive, but unless you have an order of $99 or more to qualify for free shipping...not sure what the shipping is otherwise. They do have great products, though, including good dough enhancer and bread pans, bread bags. I usually can find the $99 worth of stuff to qualify for the free ship option.

I get mine from Pleasant Hill Grain. Its not expensive, but unless you have an order of $99 or more to qualify for free shipping...not sure what the shipping is otherwise. They do have great products, though, including good dough enhancer and bread pans, bread bags. I usually can find the $99 worth of stuff to qualify for the free ship option.
This.

ETA: Pleasant Hill Grain sells it for $3.50 per pound package.

Edited by nmoira

I cannot buy it locally, so I do order from King Arthur Flour. Not sure if it is the cheapest though. If you find a great mail order price, please post!!

I looked there, but I think with shipping it was more. The Amazon price had free shipping.

I would love to know if anyone has found it in a local store too (and which store).

Country Life natural Foods sells it, but we always buy it thru coop, so not sure about shipping.

Locally here in Michigan, Gordan Food Service sells it. It used to be 3.00 for the 16 oz brick, but I guess the price may have gone up recently. I still have in the pantry.

Costco only carries Red Star yeast. I think Sam's does too.