Menu

Homeschooling with littles...is this what it looks

at your house? No haircut for months, baby on lap, and toddler sitting between your legs while your older littles work with you?

5378131270_36f9c675cb_m.jpg

The wanna-be picture in my head isn't this, but this seems to work.

No haircut for at least 18 months, at which point you finally ask dh to trim your hair for you. He does a pretty good job, although a smidge uneven when you compare the length in the front (and you still can't see the back because you don't have a handmirror or a mirror on the wall behind you). Then after a few more months you finally go get a $13 haircut at Great Clips, so it looks a bit better now. (I'm talking about me, of course) :)

Well, I do force myself to get a haircut at least every 6 months. I'm going through an anti-ponytail phase. Your scene looks way too quiet for our house. My boys are loud and my 2yo is trying to win some kind of prize for being the noisiest. It'll be interesting when the baby gets here and I really push the limits on how much I can do while nursing.

at your house? No haircut for months, baby on lap, and toddler sitting between your legs while your older littles work with you?

5378131270_36f9c675cb_m.jpg

The wanna-be picture in my head isn't this, but this seems to work.

I only wish mine was like that. My ds2.5 won't let us do anything. He likes to sit in my lap sure but when (and if) I read he keeps turning the pages and puts his hand on my mouth to shut me up! :001_huh:

Very sweet picture! They all look quiet and focused -- two things that rarely happen at my house. :)

:iagree: Now if there'd been a kid in the process of jumping off the chair and another one running circles, baby crying, and the other one dumping out the contents of the pencil sharpener . . that'd be more like it.

Couch instead of recliner.

Kids a bit older. (see siggie)

Little one in the lap. 2 biggers on either side...often complaining "I Can't SEE!!!"

Little one says, "I know, I know"...and goes on to tell his version with gusto...

Middle one says, "Oh, MY MY MY...I just want to hear the story!!!"

Oldest one says, "Did you actually know"...and goes on to tell us something we actually did not know and relates only distantly from the story I'm trying to read...

That is such a sweet picture.:001_smile: Someday they won't fit on our laps.

I tried to get video of what homeschooling with littles looks like last week, but they just moved to darn fast! LOL

My 4 year old and his 3 year old cousin rarely nap at naptime anymore. But I still send them anyway, because they still seem to have fun and we get a lot more done when they're in there! Add in my 15 month old niece and forget about it!