Menu

Elemental science

newbeee

Hi again! I am wondering what some of you may be able to tell me about elemental science for my ds6? I like the idea of keeping science mostly interest-led, but also like the structure it seems elemental has to offer. Can anyone offer any info? Specifically, experiments? I live in the country and have an infant and am not overly joyed at the thought of long confusing experiments that require off-the-wall supplies. Appreciate it again!:001_smile:

I've loved ES. We are doing Intro to Science and so far all the experiments have been both exciting and fairly quickly. Plus, word on the street is they are putting together experiment kits, which I am so excited about, and will make finding some of the more random items easier to find.

:iagree: with the Intro. to Science. I saw the list for the experiment kit for this level, and honestly, even most of the items that are supposed to be "hard to find" that are in the kit don't seem difficult to find to me (example: balloon). My 5 year old is loving science this year with ES.

we're using Elem. Sci. Earth Science & Astronomy this year and it has been great! Not one "difficult" experiment with hard-to-find items. Actually, I have been quite pleased (and very relieved!) that the experiments have been rather simple/easy to do. And, it is always okay to skip an experiment if it just doesn't "float your boat!" ;) Our crew definitely recommends ES for being well laid out, easy to implement, and fun to do! (And it doesn't hurt that it follows TWTM way of classical education!)