Menu

Which MM package should I purchase?

kristinannie

• Math Mammoth Light Blue Series Package ($128 download/$133 CD) contains the five-and-a-half grades of the complete curriculum I've written.
  • Math Mammoth All Inclusive Package ($187 download/$192 CD) contains ALL of it - the Blue, Golden, Green, and Light Blue series books and materials.
  • "Everything" Bundle ($235 download) contains ALL of the Math Mammoth materials plus all of the Make It Real Learning materials.

I definitely want the light blue series. That is what I am going to base my math on from K-5 or 6 (DS is ready for level 1 according to their website). I am thinking of getting the all inclusive package just to have extra help if we encounter an area that the kids need more time on or to use as review later on or even as tests. Has anyone used the Make it Real Learning materials? It adds quite a bit of cost and I don't know if they are really worth it.

I am planning to buy this all in March or whenever they have their sale (hopefully someone will post it on here).

Thanks for the help!

I don't think you need more than the Light Blue package (and I think Light Blue includes 6B now, so it's complete). The Blue series includes the same pages as the Light Blue series, just organized differently, so buying those two would be redundant. The Green & Gold packages are worksheets with no teaching or instructions on them, which Maria wrote to use in her tutoring. MM includes a LOT of practice problems, plus chapter tests, plus cumulative reviews, so it's unlikely kids would need even more practice problems — and I can't imagine a child needing an entire additional set of worksheets.

I don't know about the "Make it Real" materials; I've never used those. MM alone has been plenty of math for my kids. (And they would probably tell you it's too much. :D )

Jackie

I'm all ears, too! I bought Saxon K for my 5yr old, and those first couple of weeks were so boring that we quit using any text for math. I've been teaching her skip counting, ordinal positions, and other stuff out of that book Everything Your Child Should Know Kindergarten (or something like that!). I can't wait for the sale in March to buy MM. I think after reading so much on here the past few months, and after looking at her site, I hope MM will be interesting enough for my girl :)

I don't think you need more than the Light Blue package (and I think Light Blue includes 6B now, so it's complete). The Blue series includes the same pages as the Light Blue series, just organized differently, so buying those two would be redundant. The Green & Gold packages are worksheets with no teaching or instructions on them, which Maria wrote to use in her tutoring. MM includes a LOT of practice problems, plus chapter tests, plus cumulative reviews, so it's unlikely kids would need even more practice problems — and I can't imagine a child needing an entire additional set of worksheets.

:iagree:

Even if you wanted more worksheets, Light Blue includes some sort of worksheet maker links.

Yes, Light Blue is enough. The Make It Real Learning pages are for kids in upper elementary through high school.

But, but... may I just suggest not buying the whole elementary package until you've used the materials for a few months? It's really hard to know how a program is going to fit you and your child until you've used it. Spend the $15.50 on the 1A package and use it. If you love it great! You're still getting a deal buying the whole set. If you don't, you're only out $15.50. Not nearly so painful. Just a been there, done, that perspective (not involving Math Mammoth) that can also save money in the long run.

Julie D.

I was going to ask this, too. I want the light blue series for supplement, and wondered if I would be better of with the Blue only (instead of light blue). But it sounds like light blue would be good for my needs. :) Now to wait for the sale...

There's a free sample download that you can use to sort of check it out, if you have any doubt. Because yes, that would be a lot of money to spend if you won't really use it.

I was going to ask this, too. I want the light blue series for supplement, and wondered if I would be better of with the Blue only (instead of light blue). But it sounds like light blue would be good for my needs. :) Now to wait for the sale...

There's a free sample download that you can use to sort of check it out, if you have any doubt. Because yes, that would be a lot of money to spend if you won't really use it.

As usual this website is such a source4 of inspiration AND information. :)))))

Just light blue. And watch for the co-op. Huge savings then.

Co op? What co op? I just seitched 2 on my dc to MM and we are loving it, but I only bought the 1st book for each to try it out. I think it's a great price, but would always love to save more! Can someone tell me more about this co op? When will it be? Thanks

Co op? What co op? I just seitched 2 on my dc to MM and we are loving it, but I only bought the 1st book for each to try it out. I think it's a great price, but would always love to save more! Can someone tell me more about this co op? When will it be? Thanks

Supposedly there is a big sale sometime in the spring. Most people are saying it is sometime in March. I am sure it will get posted on here!

Yes, Light Blue is enough. The Make It Real Learning pages are for kids in upper elementary through high school.

But, but... may I just suggest not buying the whole elementary package until you've used the materials for a few months? It's really hard to know how a program is going to fit you and your child until you've used it. Spend the $15.50 on the 1A package and use it. If you love it great! You're still getting a deal buying the whole set. If you don't, you're only out $15.50. Not nearly so painful. Just a been there, done, that perspective (not involving Math Mammoth) that can also save money in the long run.

Julie D.

I heartily agree. (nothing against MM either, but BTDT too)

Supposedly there is a big sale sometime in the spring. Most people are saying it is sometime in March. I am sure it will get posted on here!

It's through the Homeschool Buyers Co-op. The co-op is free to join and they arrange group prices for a variety of curriculums and products. March is evidently their big Math Month.

Oh, great, thanks! I'll have to keep my eyes open for it!