Menu

If you do WW, does your DH?

I used to run... and I miss it. I've gained 20 lbs in the past 9 months since I quit running. I don't know why I won't just toss on my shoes and get back out there, or go to the Y and hop back on the bicycle for spin classes like I used to love!! Something happened somewhere along the way and I am terrified to do anything alone anymore, yet I crave "me" time... I think I fell and hit my head or something. :glare:

Tonight I signed up for WW meetings plus eTools and I am really excited about it. I am in desperate need of the motivation and help from fellow WW members. However, my DH needs this same help, too. At first I thought we'd both just follow whatever plan I get, but I think he'd really enjoy tracking his own food and going to meetings, but I don't know if it's worth paying the extra $ for two accounts.

So, if you and your DH follow the WW plan, are you on the same account or do you have individual accounts?

At first I thought we'd both just follow whatever plan I get, but I think he'd really enjoy tracking his own food and going to meetings, but I don't know if it's worth paying the extra $ for two accounts.

I have done WW in the past. dh followed the plan with me, but he would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go to a meeting. It's too girly.:tongue_smilie: Maybe you could find a meeting that had more guys? The meetings I attended were pretty much all female, with an occasional male here and there.

He did use my materials, track his points, and benefit from healthier meals.

So, really, you need to ask your dh what he would be willing to do.

I don't think my DH would ever join WW, but if he did, it would just be the online portion. I can't see him going to meetings. He's just not the "group" type, KWIM?

If he wanted to follow the WW plan, I'd encourage him to get his own online membership. I wouldn't want to have to worry about sharing mine. I do all my tracking online, so one of us would have to do it on paper if we shared.

Dh and I both joined WW in early January. We're doing online only. I've lost 8 pounds so far. Dh keeps forgetting to weigh in, but I always see him tracking his points. We have separate accounts (I briefly thought of just getting one, but that would never work with us). I'm proud of him since it's his first real attempt at losing weight.

Sigh....I am the only one with the weight problem! DH is 6' and weighs 175.

I am about a foot shorter and weigh about the same! :tongue_smilie:

HOWEVER, DH is on the same page with me serving recipes and foods from WW or any healthy eating plan for the whole family and has no issues with NOT having tempting junk in the house. For that I am thankful.

Dawn

I go to WW meetings. There are always about 2 or 3 men in the group. It is nice to see men participating. They really add a lot to the conversations and it is nice to see that men struggle with some of the same issues. Our WW guys are valued members. :) My dh doesn't want to go to the meetings though. He is doing the Atkins diet and he is happy with that. Our meals are basically the same except that I am restrained by points and that makes portions smaller but I have more food choices.