Menu

Do any of you have children that rarely get sick?

I really think most of it has to do with genetics. I can't breastfeed but my oldest didn't even have the sniffles for the first 13 months of her life. Her first fever and cold was at 14 months. She's a pretty healthy kid.

My youngest was born with an airway abnormality and has asthma. She takes preventative meds but she gets sick a lot and the dr. says there really isn't anything we can do.

They don't take vitamins but both eat healthy. Junk food is in moderation (movie nights every Friday w/candy). We're not crazy about hand washing and don't do the purell stuff.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My kids are rarely sick, usually just allergies. We drink raw milk, eat pastured eggs and use only raw sweeteners like honey and maple syrup. I do not worry about germs or dirt. Out of all of my kids we have only had 1 ear infection (when DS6 was about 1 year old and got a head cold. Not extra vitamins, and my kids are not very pick eaters.