Menu

What is your favorite flavor of chocolate?

What is your favorite flavor of chocolate?  

1. 1. What is your favorite flavor of chocolate?

• Milk
    • Dark
    • White
    • Other option

This week's question is, "What is your favorite flavor of chocolate?"

I prefer dark, but I had a white chocolate with pistachios and dried cranberries over the Winter Holidays, and that was just divine!

:confused:

Flavour? There's only chocolate. Milk chocolate is just what its name implies, and not chocolate... though I'll grant that a case can be made. However, white "chocolate" isn't chocolate at all; it's no more than sweetened cocoa butter. I'll take mine with theobromine, please.

I used to like mainly dark chocolate, but now I'm really craving milk chocolate (uh, with caramel! or almonds!) and enjoy dark chocolate as an occasional special treat. :)

Me, too. I used to be kind macho about it, believing that dark and bitter was inherently superior. Now, though, I've rediscovered milk chocolate. I wouldn't turn down either, though.

I don't really get the appeal of white chocolate, but maybe I just haven't had any good white. What I've had has tasted rather like sweet Crisco.

Dark all the way. But my one exception is milk chocolate from Vosges--I love the Barcelona bar (milk chocolate, smoked almonds, sea salt), and the recent Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter bar (with a tiny sprinkling of salt) is also delicious. Maybe I need salt with my milk chocolate?

I used to like mainly dark chocolate, but now I'm really craving milk chocolate (uh, with caramel! or almonds!) and enjoy dark chocolate as an occasional special treat. :)

I used to like milk chocolate, but now I can hardly stand it, unless it's in a chocolate chip cookie, or part of certain kinds of candy bars. But I don't like milk chocolate by itself at all. I voted for dark chocolate.

Dark- because I dont like eating sugar and dark chocolate gives me more chocolate for my chocolate.

I make my own raw chocolate from raw cocoa butter, raw cacao powder, raw cashews (which give it a creamy flavour), and a little honey or agave. It is the best chocolate I have ever tasted, and thats saying something :)

I like dark chocolate, the more bittersweet, the better. I do not like milk chocolate or American chocolate. I rarely eat it anyway -- I'm missing that gene. Instead, I have the gene that promotes a love of bread with lots of butter and just about any high fat food.

Edited by RoughCollie

Since there's so much hatred for American chocolate, I urge you all to look beyond Hershey's. Try Dagoba, Scharffenberger (though I have to say it's not as good as it was 5 years ago), Lake Champlain, Vosges--just to name a few that I've seen in my local grocery store and Whole Foods. There are even more great (sometimes local) options at gourmet or specialty shops. While I do think that European mass-produced chocolate is way better than American, I have eaten A LOT of excellent American chocolate.

:confused:

Flavour? There's only chocolate. Milk chocolate is just what its name implies, and not chocolate... though I'll grant that a case can be made. However, white "chocolate" isn't chocolate at all; it's no more than sweetened cocoa butter. I'll take mine with theobromine, please.

:iagree:

Voice of reason.

Bill