Menu

Angelicum Academy . . . Anyone?

MomOfOneFunOne

Anyone out there use Angelicum? I asked this a loooong time ago but didn't get much in the way of a response. Searching the world (wide web) over I don't see much in the way of a review. I do know ppl irl who use them and swear by it, though.

I just wonder why I can't find more ppl who have used it.

Anyone here?

I'll search the 4Real forum. I should anyway, it's been years since I've been there. Hope I can remember my user name.

:lol: I go through the same thing every few months when something comes up and I think, "Ooooh, the 4Real forums would be a good place to look for info on that!"

I'd love to hear if you end up finding reviews though! I'm curious to hear how it works for folks!

A friend of mine planned to use them, ordered a bunch of books, then changed her mind and sent everything back.

After SIX MONTHS of not getting her money back and never getting anyone there to return her phone calls and e-mails, she disputed the credit on her card.

I love the idea of Angelicum-- I look over their website every year-- but from what I have heard from my friend and something I read long ago on another list (SL-Catholic maybe?) their materials are great, but their customer service is AWFUL!!

I have acquaintances who have used them for years. I think one family goes fully enrolled, one has the first go fully enrolled and the others do Great Books and just use the lesson plans and forms from the olders for the youngers. They all rave.

On the advice of the fully enrolled ppl, I checked into Angelicum a number of years ago. It was indeed pitiful. However, this time around I've been communicating with them and have gotten a response within a couple of hours of all three emails and one phone call. They seem to have worked on that. My acquaintances confirm that.

I was reading on the blog about how to lessen the turn around time for the work sent in, too. So again, I think they're working on it.

I just wish there were more reviews other than the three ppl I know. On the other hand, I couldn't find a single review of cybeRShala, jumped in blind, and love it.

So not being able to find more reviews isnt' a deal breaker and I think I've already decided.

I just wish . . .

A friend of mine planned to use them, ordered a bunch of books, then changed her mind and sent everything back.

After SIX MONTHS of not getting her money back and never getting anyone there to return her phone calls and e-mails, she disputed the credit on her card.

I love the idea of Angelicum-- I look over their website every year-- but from what I have heard from my friend and something I read long ago on another list (SL-Catholic maybe?) their materials are great, but their customer service is AWFUL!!

I have ordered a couple of art and geography syllabi from them. By the time the materials arrived, I didn't need them anymore. It took four months to get one of them. They have some wonderful ideas but don't have their acts together. However, they do have your money for the entire time you are waiting.

I have ordered a couple of art and geography syllabi from them. By the time the materials arrived, I didn't need them anymore. It took four months to get one of them. They have some wonderful ideas but don't have their acts together. However, they do have your money for the entire time you are waiting.

That's just unconscionable. Was that recently?