Menu

Seriously? 3000 calories?

I really like laughing cow cheese. It's 35 cal per wedge, premeasured (wrapped & travel friendly), and very tasty straight up or on crackers. Sam's has it at a pretty fair price in 3 packs. I like the light swiss best, but the others I've tried are tasty, too. One or two wedges are really satisfying, especially if teamed up with super lo cal stuff like celery.

I also like yogurt. I mix half plain & half vanilla (Dannon). 4-6 oz make a great quick snack with some satisfying protein & fat.

Cottage cheese is also satisfying and nutritious.

HTH

I really like laughing cow cheese. It's 35 cal per wedge, premeasured (wrapped & travel friendly), and very tasty straight up or on crackers. Sam's has it at a pretty fair price in 3 packs. I like the light swiss best, but the others I've tried are tasty, too. One or two wedges are really satisfying, especially if teamed up with super lo cal stuff like celery.

I also like yogurt. I mix half plain & half vanilla (Dannon). 4-6 oz make a great quick snack with some satisfying protein & fat.

Cottage cheese is also satisfying and nutritious.

HTH

I love laughing cow cheese too! The only problem is that I like it too much. One wedge becomes two which becomes three. . .

I feel your pain! Have you looked into Myfitnesspal.com? I really like it and they have a tool where you put in your height, weight (and measurements if you like) and answer a few questions about your lifestyle and they tell you how many calories you are burning each day! They also give you nutritional value goals. For me, I'm supposed to eat less than 40 grams of fat (although I try to keep it under 30 for other health reasons) and less than 1200 calories a day (this is the minimum amt. of calories they recommend ...I could go up to 1600 )

Another thing I've discovered that I really like and is filling is low fat cottage cheese with just a few sprinkles of sunflower seeds. Super yummy!

Also, buy the finely grated cheddar because I believe 1/4 cup is like 9 grams of fat. I tend to put only 1/8 of a cup or less on my beans/etc and it's more than enough.

:grouphug:

I also don't agree that you consumed 3000 calories, but I'm so HAPPY to hear you're walking 2 miles per day. Wow! GOOD FOR YOU!!!:hurray:

Thank you Denise. I did a better job of tracking today (despite my bad morning without enough protein). I'm not exactly sure because we went out for Chinese food tonight but it was around 1700 today.

I'm also adding 20 min. of gardening a day in addition to my walking. I've had two doctors now tell me to garden - and neither of them have seen my ugly yard!

Unfortunately weight goes on much faster and easier than it comes off. :tongue_smilie:

It sounds like you're doing great!!! Don't forget that with the walking and exercising that your body is also building muscles. Muscles weigh more, but take up less room. In other words, you may not see a lot on the scale at the very beginning, but should notice clothes fitting better. Another plus to the muscles is that they burn more calories. Keep up the good work!!! :)