Menu

Calling Charlotte Mason fans...

Tullia

It's been several years since I looked closely at either the Charlotte Mason series or Karen Andreola's CM Companion. I'm sure I read somewhere that CM recommended that children who were exaggerating or embroidering the truth needed more, not less er...make that fewer.., imaginative books to read. Please tell me I didn't dream this!

This is the page from the General Board that lead to my question--scroll down to Rosie's post:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238725&page=3

TIA,

Martha

Edited by Martha in NM
correct a regrettable lapse

Guest RecumbentHeart

YES. It's on the AmblesideOnline website ... somewhere.

It's the first time I'd read something by someone addressing the exact issue we have been having with our oldest. Everyone we had turned to for counsel couldn't help. No one had experience with a child like him!

I appreciate your help. Ambleside Online is an awesome resource! My son is in college, so my CM collection has been sitting on the shelf for several years now. The first time I read the advice of plentiful imaginative literature it seemed counter-intuitive. It was reading C.S. Lewis' opinions on the value of myths that helped me understand more fully the value of imaginative literature.

Martha