Menu

Zumba Success with teens!

I have two teen dds and have been trying to coerce them to exercise for some time. You name it, I've tried it. My intentions this year were to do Couch to 5K but that just led to my nagging and their dragging their feet. I don't know about you guys, but it's tough enough to make MYSELF exercise. Making other people do it makes me lose the will to live:tongue_smilie:. Even our walks have been termed 'death marches' by my offspring. Today I announced we were going to Zumba. I'd been testing the waters and they'd resisted mildly, maybe thinking I'd back down. When I threw down the exercise gauntlet, you'd have thought I expected them to eat a bug or something. They apparently thought I'd lost it. When I insisted, you would have thought it was the end of the world. There were TEARS, for gosh sakes. :nopity:I almost got on the hive to ask if I was making a mistake! But then I grew a backbone, told them it was a course requirement and that their input wasn't requested or invited. (No, I don't always do that.) They pouted all the way to the church and acted like five-year-olds. I went to the opposite end of the gym and began spazzing out to the beat. Without even looking in their direction. At the end, my older dd came to me and said, "Okay, I was wrong and a jerk. It was fun." The younger THANKED me and wanted to buy a jingly skirt thingy. Miracles do happen. Just letting my hive friends know!