Menu

MCT to RS?

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

I don't about R&S but if you use AG you might need JAG for your younger ds and AG for your older ds. We actually went from AG to MCT. My boys (15 and 16) loathed AG.

I don't about R&S but if you use AG you might need JAG for your younger ds and AG for your older ds. We actually went from AG to MCT. My boys (15 and 16) loathed AG.

Just a brief hijack...Please tell us why they loathed AG so I don't waste a lot of money in case it doesn't suit my dd either. :)

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Just a brief hijack...Please tell us why they loathed AG so I don't waste a lot of money in case it doesn't suit my dd either. :)

One of my ds's hated diagramming, which wasn't AG's fault. They both thought it was very boring and disliked the parsing style. There were several times that the author labeled adjectives as adverbs, which really bugged me but wasn't the end of the world. Mainly they thought it was really boring and I felt that they weren't learning anything.

One of my ds's hated diagramming, which wasn't AG's fault. They both thought it was very boring and disliked the parsing style. There were several times that the author labeled adjectives as adverbs, which really bugged me but wasn't the end of the world. Mainly they thought it was really boring and I felt that they weren't learning anything.

Okay, dd hates diagramming, too. AG seems rather diagramming heavy. Am I right about this?

You also used Shirley and now MCT, right? If you could do it all over, would you start with MCT or would you keep the Shirley years?

My problem is that these seem so teacher intensive.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Okay, dd hates diagramming, too. AG seems rather diagramming heavy. Am I right about this?

You also used Shirley and now MCT, right? If you could do it all over, would you start with MCT or would you keep the Shirley years?

My problem is that these seem so teacher intensive.

Yes, AG teaches through diagramming. There is some parsing but that only leads into the diagramming. If you don't want diagramming then AG isn't for you.

We have a large gap in-between our children so I am getting to do it all over again:lol: With our younger crew I'll be using MCT and incorporating the the jingles and question/answer flow from Shurley.

Yes, AG teaches through diagramming. There is some parsing but that only leads into the diagramming. If you don't want diagramming then AG isn't for you.

We have a large gap in-between our children so I am getting to do it all over again:lol: With our younger crew I'll be using MCT and incorporating the the jingles and question/answer flow from Shurley.

Thank you, Cheryl.

Lots of things to think about. Dd doesn't like diagramming, but, honestly, I'm afraid she'll dislike the Shurley Q & A, too, perhaps even more, though she does well with parsing. As for me, I'd like something easy to implement and that could be done independently a fair amount of the time. I'd just prefer my the parent intensive stuff be in writing, Latin, and math.