When you are looking forward to a vacation, what about it

What do you most look forward to when planning a vacation  

1. 1. What do you most look forward to when planning a vacation

• Excursions, activities, etc
    • Accommodations
    • What to wear
    • What to eat
    • What to drink
    • Rules/regulations (driving, money, etc)
    • Other (but it is multi-choice, so, this is where you would add anything else)

Excites you, concerns you, makes you look forward to it? (multi choice poll, so choose away)

Dh and I are supposedly going to Scotland in May for work. All I can think about it is A) What will I wear? and B) What can I eat? And drink while I'm eating it? I have visions of me getting fresh, in season ingredients and heading back to our room (which has to have a mini kitchen at least) and downing some Dewars while I cook something cool. How lame is that?! I mean, I should be thinking about the countryside, the museums, the architecture, the culture...and I am...but, mostly, it's about the food and what I'll wear while eating it. What kind of crazy carp is that? :lol:

Edited by LauraGB

Who's going to take care of my house cats, my barn cats, my chickens, my horses and my two dogs from hell who will pop the tires of anyone pulling into my driveway to take care of my house cats, my barn cats, my chickens, my horses and the dogs themselves???????

Darn! I forgot to add, "Worrying about what's going on back home"! I have that problem, too. The residents, the kids, the dog, the cat...we always have someone staying *in* our home to work while we are gone. It's what I'd be thinking about while I was cooking and tossing back my beverage. :tongue_smilie:

I hope you have a great time!

I picked excursions/activities because that's what I look forward to for sure. I worry most about food though as my son has anaphylactic food allergies and so special diet needs and I have to make sure I can get what we need where we are to make his food or haul it. I hate that part of traveling.

Edited by sbgrace

Since we rarely go anywhere where there are kosher restaurants (and who wants to pay restaurant prices anyway for 6 people?? :)) for me it's definitely the "what to eat." I get most of it done and wrapped up in disposable pans before we leave, so when we're actually on vacation it really IS a vacation. But, OY, the getting ready!!!!! :)

excursions, accommodations, and "other" - which would be time as a family. that's what i treasure most.

re buying fresh seasonal ingredients in may in scotland.... it sounds lovely, but maybe not so much to buy...

..... in my memory of it, its sort of like buying fresh seasonal ingredients in edmonton in may.... the snow may be gone, but not so much is growing yet....

but there will still be glorious food.... and glorious whisky....

oh and did i mention pub food??? and whisky????

and jams..... sigh.....

I love to see new things and try new foods so that is what I look forward to the most. I love to find those out-of-the-way things that aren't as touristy (is that a word?).

But I love everything about vacations, really. I would love to be one of those homeschoolers who lives in a motorhome. sigh!