Menu

I don't miss public school at all!

I just returned to ps this week for my driver's ed class, and I don't miss the school atmosphere at all. While my class lasts for only a month, I cannot wait to get out of there. The class is good and all, no problems, but I don't miss the swearing, not fitting into that crowd, having to wear the latest fashions, peer pressure, and you all know the rest. I am glad that I am fairing well so far, and I took my first class in the class yesterday, so I hope I did good.

I really appreciate being homeschooled now, I mean wow, my old "friends" have changed so much it's ridiculous. They act like they don't know me, and if they acknowledge me at all, then it's just a quick hey. But all in all, the class itself is not that bad, I am learning quite a bit and feel like I should pass the class without any problem.

Just wanted to say again how much I appreciate being homeschooled now that I am back at the high school for a little while!:lol:

Based on your siggy, it looks like you have a busy and fulfilling life. And the good new is, college is nothing like high school! While high school is all about conforming, college gives you a wide berth of freedom. So, no lock-step sequence of classes. No conforming to peer-driven values. No signing in and out for every move, b/c students must self-govern. By homeschooling, you've made a giant step toward that college experience and away from the high school mentality. You can see it and appreciate it; your friends aren't there yet.

Blessings,

Lisa

Everytime I read your posts I am so impressed with you. The way you are taking your education so seriously is quite impressive for one your age, and I am sure returning to high school has made you realize how rare this is :D. May your homeschooling adventure continue to go well!! Blessings :)

:thumbup: (my "like")

Thanks!:lol:

Based on your siggy, it looks like you have a busy and fulfilling life. And the good new is, college is nothing like high school! While high school is all about conforming, college gives you a wide berth of freedom. So, no lock-step sequence of classes. No conforming to peer-driven values. No signing in and out for every move, b/c students must self-govern. By homeschooling, you've made a giant step toward that college experience and away from the high school mentality. You can see it and appreciate it; your friends aren't there yet.

Blessings,

Lisa

Thank you Lisa so much, and I am glad that you told me college is nothing like high school, I cannot stand to even think what that might be like! I am glad that I have seen this now and not when I am in college! Hopefully my friends will too!

I'm glad to hear things are going so well! --Martha

They are, I cannot wait to get my permit!! Thank you!

:grouphug:

I have to wonder when I read your posts, if SWB has placed you here to encourage us hsing parents.:D

JK-your mom is one blessed lady.;)

I actually stumbled across this board when I needed it the most and boy am I glad that I joined it! I am glad that I can encourage you all just like you have all encouraged me!

Everytime I read your posts I am so impressed with you. The way you are taking your education so seriously is quite impressive for one your age, and I am sure returning to high school has made you realize how rare this is :D. May your homeschooling adventure continue to go well!! Blessings :)

Aww thank you. And yes it has made me realize what a rare opportunity that this is for me, and I appreciate it so much! Thank you so much!

Yay! It's nice to read a positive post from a homeschooled young adult!

I am happy to help! Lol, I think this is what I needed, a good wake-up call and God has sure given me one. I was debating on whether or not I should go back to ps, but now I see why I have stayed homeschooled! Keep up the good work with your kids as well and I hope your hs journey will continue to go well too!

God Bless You all!:grouphug: