Menu

Dinner will be delayed tonight because Pinewood Derby car baking!

Anyone else involved in pinewood derby madness. Hubby and son both working on cars. Hubby's arrived by fedex today so had to of course go immediately in the oven for three hours. My kitchen has blown up and will remain so for the next couple days.

Anyone else involved in pinewood derby madness. Hubby and son both working on cars. Hubby's arrived by fedex today so had to of course go immediately in the oven for three hours. My kitchen has blown up and will remain so for the next couple days.

I thought I misread the title! Why does one put the car in the oven?:bigear:

We've been out of Cub Scouts for a couple years now, but since ds is a Den Chief, they encouraged him to build a car to race in the leader's race. He did it on his own with the help of a dremel and will be racing it Saturday morning. He's very optimistic that he'll do well since he always did as a Cub.

Baking it reduces the weight so that can add weights in strategic spots and make car go faster. Hubby really gets into it. I'm assuming you all have watched "down and derby" He's started out like that, but this year has calmed down quite a bit. *grin*

Good luck with all your races!

Baking it reduces the weight so that can add weights in strategic spots and make car go faster. Hubby really gets into it. I'm assuming you all have watched "down and derby" He's started out like that, but this year has calmed down quite a bit. *grin*

Good luck with all your races!

No, we've not watched!

AHhhh! We have a few more races ahead of us-one crossing over and one cub. I will have to get this movie for them! (it's *sick* how all of the men in the family have to get into these cars-I swear, even my father! :lol: )