Menu

So what flu is going around NOVA?

LLL woke up at 5:15 this morning whimpering, saying her head hurt. She had a fever of 102. Blah. I'm staggering Ibuprofin and Tylenol. Her fever returns before either dosage is due. I'm am SO TIRED of sickness!

Now I'm feeling yucky and have a slight fever. Is this the flu or just another random bug?

I am totally out of the loop as far as what is going around. THAT being said, we were out and about this afternoon and the twins both looked washed out. Turns out they were both running temps. We came home, I had them each eat a plain toasted bagel, gave them ibuprofen and they are both in bed asleep.

DS is coughing a little so I gave him the pills we have from the doc for cough -- I don't want him to develop a wheeze.

I am so hoping this is all gone by tomorrow. We have so much to do for OM, I cannot imagine how it will get done if they are sick.

I started that way Thursday, out of the blue. Friday I ached all over in every joint in addition to the fever. Then, Saturday afternoon my throat exploded, my fever soared, and I knew I would dehydrate by Monday morning when I was finally told I had strep because I couldn't eat or swallow anything without intense pain tht simply would not go away. I have never had strep, and I never expected it to start with low fever and fatigue.

We brought home a flu bug from Orlando a week ago. Started with the worst headache EVER, fever chills, aches, pains. My 15yo had to fly home like that, I got it 2 days later then my dh 2 days after that. We all were in bed for at least 5 days and now make a lovely coughing choral all day long!

I too had heard the flu was picking up in the East and South, and thanks to us, it has spread to California!

I don't know about VA but we came down with the flu in both GA and TN. It was pretty bad and took us about three weeks just to get over the sickness. We are still recovering from the exhaustion and I still don't know that we will be back to our normal selves for awhile. It was like the flu followed by mono. I hope this is not what you have.

We put vinegar in our ears to help slow the incubation of viruses! Also we take oscillococcinum as soon as we start having symptoms. We do some other things, too, but those are the biggies. We haven't had illness in our house in about 6 years now, I guess....

I picked up oscill. yesterday at Rite Aid. I am AMAZED how much better it made me feel!