Menu

Looking for that great signature line that ends with "what a ride!"

I haven't seen it on anyone's profile here, but is this the one you mean?

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

— Hunter S. Thompson

I haven't seen it on anyone's profile here, but is this the one you mean?

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

— Hunter S. Thompson

Yes!

That's it!

The resourcefulness of members of this forum never cease to amaze me :001_smile:

I do think I saw it here someplace . . .

I have used it for a few years on here, but I don't know if anyone else has also.

The one linked has an author attributed to it. I have searched for many, many hours online and have found it attributed to several people, but there is a general consensus that no-one knows for certain who was the original author. It seems like, since it is an anonymous quote, it gets attributed to whomever quotes it. LOL

I just wanted you to know incase you are going to use it for anything that you are going to want the true author (actually lack there of) listed.

I have used it for a few years on here, but I don't know if anyone else has also.

The one linked has an author attributed to it. I have searched for many, many hours online and have found it attributed to several people, but there is a general consensus that no-one knows for certain who was the original author. It seems like, since it is an anonymous quote, it gets attributed to whomever quotes it. LOL

I just wanted you to know incase you are going to use it for anything that you are going to want the true author (actually lack there of) listed.

Interesting. I've always heard it attributed to Thompson. I've even seen it attributed to a specific book by Thompson, "Hell's Angels, (the something-something saga)." Now I'm gonna have to get the book and verify. :)

Interesting. I've always heard it attributed to Thompson. I've even seen it attributed to a specific book by Thompson, "Hell's Angels, (the something-something saga)." Now I'm gonna have to get the book and verify. :)

I think he is most likely the author. The reason I am not 100% sure, is that I found a few places on line that attributed it to Hells Angel's. I found a copy online, ran a search of the words and never found it in the book. I didn't read the book though, so my method/reason could be flawed. Other instances of the word came up, but not this quote. Since, I couldn't verify it was accurate....I never attribute it to him.

A few of the people I remember seeing it attributed to were Johnny Depp, Beth Morris, The Crocodile Hunter, Bill Mckenna and a Nissan Ad. LOL quite the variety, I'ld say LOL

Edited by Tap, tap, tap