Menu

Prayer request for IMMIGRATION

Today we fedex the envelope that has all of our documentation for the appeal for Natalie's immigration.

If you didn't see a previous thread, our initial application was denied. If this appeal does not go through then this summer she will NOT get to visit the United States which means my mom and the rest of both of our families will not get to see her AND there is a good chance that none of us will go to the U.S. as we don't want to go and leave her behind.

sigh

Please pray that I did everything the way the USCIS wanted it... that they approve it... and that we can go home for a visit this summer.

I know it isn't life or death but by then she will be 1.5 years old. Imagine your child having your grandbaby and you not getting to see her for two and a half years (which is how long it will be if this appeal doesn't go through).

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Today we fedex the envelope that has all of our documentation for the appeal for Natalie's immigration.

If you didn't see a previous thread, our initial application was denied. If this appeal does not go through then this summer she will NOT get to visit the United States which means my mom and the rest of both of our families will not get to see her AND there is a good chance that none of us will go to the U.S. as we don't want to go and leave her behind.

sigh

Please pray that I did everything the way the USCIS wanted it... that they approve it... and that we can go home for a visit this summer.

I know it isn't life or death but by then she will be 1.5 years old. Imagine your child having your grandbaby and you not getting to see her for two and a half years (which is how long it will be if this appeal doesn't go through).

I hope it goes through but if it doesn't, couldn't your mother visit you in Mylasia? I've adopted internationally 3 times and know how wonderful the USCIS is to work with;)

I can't believe it was denied. How many hoops are you supposed to jump through? That's beyond frustrating. I bet certain celebrities don't have this problem. Geez, I'm grumpy. My toddler didn't nap so I'm irritated.

Heather, I hope it all works out.

This is what makes me so angry about adoption. So many hoops. :( I want to adopt internationally and from foster care. That is the part that scares me the most as I am not very organized and have a tendancy to miss hoops.

Kinda funny that God knows me so well, he sent me a son to adopt that turned 18 two months later! lol No hoops really at all. :) He is not yet "legally" adopted, but at this point we may not even go that route. He lives with us and knows he is our son.

Heather.....praying for you! :grouphug: