Menu

Help with teen slang

I know a young man....family of frieds....I see him only in the summers. He friended me on FB. He has sent me three messages ending with \nB.B

At first I thought it was just a typo....now I think it must be some texting slang...:confused: Anyone younger and hipper and or with teens who can help me?

Guest Fridays

That's very mysterious. It may be emoticon code that isn't registering on FB, or simply a sig of his. Either way it isn't known slang or a text acronym.

Are his initials B.B.?

I thought the /n meant it was a preset signature. I have a few friends who will comment and at the end it will say, /n April. At first, it annoyed me b/c I was thinking it's obvious that it's you but I saw it so many times. The only thing I can think of is that it's set up automatically when they post from their cell phones.

Well I feel slightly better that I'm not the only one. I do think he is sending it from his phone...He is a funny kid. Lives in inner city Detroit and can clean up and look sooooooooooo nice....then I catch glimpses of him on FB being totally ghetto. I mean it is amazing how his dialect changes and everything!