Menu

Could you post a link to your weekly (daily/yearly) scheduling form?

Kay in Cal

Do you have a weekly or daily schedule format that you use? I have a friend who is just considering homeschooling, and she is very interested in seeing how people schedule their weeks/days/years. I've linked our weekly schedule below (though it doesn't seem to look so good in this format... anyone know a better place to host it?)

Thanks so much!

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=ddqb9mzf_03qv9gc&hl=en

If I could figure out how to attach it - I would, but it is giving me an invalid message - for good reason, I am sure. I'm not sure how to attach it or link it. Sorry.

If you would like to see a copy - I'd be happy to email it to you. Just let me know.

and here it is. This will be for sixth grade and we have HS'd from the beginning. A new HSer's schedule should be greatly simplified, likely to 3R's, while the family finds their groove. Then they can slowly add in more as they get comfortable. (Just so your friend doesn't get freaked out!!!) :D

Course+Outline+2008-9.jpg

If I could figure out how to attach it - I would, but it is giving me an invalid message - for good reason, I am sure. I'm not sure how to attach it or link it. Sorry.

If you would like to see a copy - I'd be happy to email it to you. Just let me know.

Just so you know, you can upload it to KeepandShare.com, and you can get a link to it from there. It's free!

I make an overview for the year using history as my main topic, our year is made up of 4 quarters (9 weeks on, 1-2 weeks off) and I plan out the individual weeks in more detail during the time off in between quarters.

Here's the yearly

Jan_Aug2008.jpg

and the weekly plans I make look like this

Week 1 (Apr. 14-18)

Bible: Lesson 22, Days 1-5

Math: Lessons 120-124

Poetry: Review all, Rain by Robert Louis Stevenson

French: Review Unit 1, start Unit 2

Science: Nature Study and Bird Unit Study

History: Year 2, Week 20

- Jamestown Map project

- Thirteen Colonies Map project

PLL: Lessons 37-40

- Past/Present, Picture Study, Composition Lesson, Composition-Description

Explode the Code 6: Lesson 5

I only have dd7 right now to contend with, in September ds4 will start preschool but planning for him will be more along the lines of preparing for crafts and stuff.

Our daily

Testschedule.jpg

Hope this helps her!

I create my own in a spreadsheet.

Of course you need to send her straight to Donna Young's site. There she will be able to see a bunch of different forms. Donna even has some filled in to give you an idea of how to use them. This one is my favorite for quarter planning per subject. This goes into my binder. I can see the big picture this way.

Then this one goes into the child's notebook for his weekely schedule. I usually print it off and fill in with pencil then 3 hole punch it. Just today I started looking for something already bond. DS9 is infamous for tearing his out.

Off to Staples.....

Very curious what program you used to make it, and how much time did it take you?

It's really lovely. I want to be disciplined enough to have something like that when I grow up.

:)

Melissa

Awww, thanks Melissa! I can't really take credit for it because it is pretty standard Charlotte Mason fare. I used the PNEU and Ambleside Schedules for inspiration. It doesn't take that long, since I add to it a bit at a time as I decide on things. This schedule is mainly Ambleside Online Year 5 Term 3 and Year 6 Term 1 (Modern Times) but with tweaks here and there.

Blessings on your day!