Menu

Bomb in Spokane, Washington? Anyone hear about this?

I just read that a viable bomb was found along a MLK Day parade route in Spokane, Washington yesterday. It was found and destroyed before it went off, but I find it really disturbing--both that there was a bomb there at all and that I've only seen one mention of it, where it was treated as a trivial local event.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114153459.html

Did anyone else hear anything about this at all? How can this not be bigger news?

I didnt till just now! Scary! We live in Western Washington and Im surprised I didnt hear anything till now.

I just read that a viable bomb was found along a MLK Day parade route in Spokane, Washington yesterday. It was found and destroyed before it went off, but I find it really disturbing--both that there was a bomb there at all and that I've only seen one mention of it, where it was treated as a trivial local event.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114153459.html

Did anyone else hear anything about this at all? How can this not be bigger news?

Just a reply from the Spokane area. The white supremacists are not very active here. There is a semi-annoying small group across the border in Western/Northern Idaho, but they don't do much except act stupidly and the whole group comes off as "troubled teens" and "ridiculous late-middle-age white guys".

I mean I know they can still cause trouble, but they really don't have much oppty. Several years ago (10?) there was a larger group which I don't want to name because I don't want it to come up in a google search but even they were much more stupid than harmful. There was a strong outcry and opposition to that group and the area (No. Idaho mostly) has done a good job of stopping and legally harassing the fools.

And btw, I had not heard about the bomb, but we had a particularly busy last few days and I watched no news and read no papers.

LJ