Menu

MCT updates at a discount

StephanieZ

FYI, if you didn't get your email. . . RFWP is offering the updated editions of Town & Island Grammar books at a BIG discount for folks who purchased the last edition within the last year or two. If you did, and you didn't get the email, calll them! The discount is good for just a few more days.

Hope this helps someone!

I got the e-mail, but I was just wondering if anyone who has had both versions could comment as to what the differences are? The "old" version has worked for us so I'm not sure if I want to spend the money to upgrade.

Thanks!

I was wondering exactly the same thing! :bigear:

Okay, they sent me the code, but I don't see where to put it in. Am I blind? :confused: Can somebody please help me with this?

If you type the code into their little search engine on the site, it will take you to the discount; however, I plan to call in my order, as the form is trying to charge me for shipping, and they specifically said that shipping was included in the price. HTH!

I have the 2nd and 1st edition Town Level. I haven't compared each page but the main updates I see are:

1. Color - The pictures have some color and color is used in the some writing and highlighting in the text. It is simple and doesn't distract.

2. Font - The font is new, again it seems cleaner and less distracting. They also use the italics less often and instead use color to emphasize words.

3. Some wording is changed. I noticed a few minor things, but the number of pages is the same so the content must not be significantly different in volume.

4. Table of contents - There is a table of contents in the student and teacher manuals. It is divided in the 4 - level analysis topics.

5. Comments and assignments - On nearly every two page spread there is at least one assignment (discussion or memorization) or a comment/explanation. The assignments are in a purple box, the comments are in a blue box. The student version does not have these boxes.

As far as the shipping, the email did state the cost is $35 including shipping. Later it indicates the books are $30 and the shipping is $5. This is what I was charged.

We love MCT and I think the updates with make it even more user friendly as my next child works through them.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
I have the 2nd and 1st edition Town Level. I haven't compared each page but the main updates I see are:

1. Color - The pictures have some color and color is used in the some writing and highlighting in the text. It is simple and doesn't distract.

2. Font - The font is new, again it seems cleaner and less distracting. They also use the italics less often and instead use color to emphasize words.

3. Some wording is changed. I noticed a few minor things, but the number of pages is the same so the content must not be significantly different in volume.

4. Table of contents - There is a table of contents in the student and teacher manuals. It is divided in the 4 - level analysis topics.

5. Comments and assignments - On nearly every two page spread there is at least one assignment (discussion or memorization) or a comment/explanation. The assignments are in a purple box, the comments are in a blue box. The student version does not have these boxes.

As far as the shipping, the email did state the cost is $35 including shipping. Later it indicates the books are $30 and the shipping is $5. This is what I was charged.

We love MCT and I think the updates with make it even more user friendly as my next child works through them.

You must have an older copy of the 1st Edition because in my 1st and 2nd Editions the fonts are the same.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Interesting! I purchased my 1st edition in August 2010. It is copyright dated 2003.

I purchased mine in November 2010. It's copyright date is 2002 and on the title page "January 2010" is in the water of the picture. Mine is the Teacher Manual; I didn't purchase the student book until the 2nd Edition came out.

I did notice that the old sample had a different font than my book. When I looked at the sample it dated back to early 2000 something (like 2003 or 2004) so I assumed that it had changed. The font in the new samples matches both my 1st and 2nd Edition Grammar Island books.

Okay, they sent me the code, but I don't see where to put it in. Am I blind? :confused: Can somebody please help me with this?

Hi, Sorry for the confusion. The code is given in order for you to find the offer on the website. It is not visible otherwise. So type in the code (either HSG1 for Grammar Island or HSG2 for Grammar Town) in the Search box in the left hand side of the rfwp.com website and it will take you to the books and to the offer.

It will charge you $30 for the books and then $5.00 shipping.

This is open until midnight (ETA) on Sunday 23th January and is for those who have already purchased Grammar Island or Grammar Voyage last year and who would like the updated version of both student book and teacher manual (as now we consider you need both to teach these). Your purchasing history will be checked before accepting your order.

HTH