Menu

Canadian moms- What are you using for history?

mumkins

I recently bought Modern History Through Canadian Eyes and I LOVE how it looks. It is for all levels and has so many suggestions. For our first go-through next year our spine will be My First History of Canada by Donalda Dickie (the new updated one) and we will mostly be reading, drawing, looking at maps and doing WWE skills. This is for Gr. 4 and 2. The author coordinates SOTW 3 and 4 with all the lessons so you could do world and Cdn history at the same time.

I really like it and I think I'll be using it for all our trips through Cdn and modern history. So much easier than trying to pull it all together myself!

I recently bought Modern History Through Canadian Eyes and I LOVE how it looks. It is for all levels and has so many suggestions. For our first go-through next year our spine will be My First History of Canada by Donalda Dickie (the new updated one) and we will mostly be reading, drawing, looking at maps and doing WWE skills. This is for Gr. 4 and 2. The author coordinates SOTW 3 and 4 with all the lessons so you could do world and Cdn history at the same time.

I really like it and I think I'll be using it for all our trips through Cdn and modern history. So much easier than trying to pull it all together myself!

That's a resource I am looking at getting also :). Here's a link where you can see sample pages. I was going to use some of Donna Ward's programs but with everything else we are doing it is an expense I don't think I will be taking on :tongue_smilie:. My goal for now (at the LG level and for our first cycle through history) is to weave Canadian history into our TOG studies and I am hoping MHTCE will help me do that.