Menu

blender/food processor

Our blender bit the dust. Again. We've been though several over the past few years....we've always bought fairly cheap ones. We don't use them that often- maybe 3 times/week when we're on a green smoothie kick. Hardly ever if we're not.

I have a 5 month old that I would like to start making baby food for in a couple weeks. We don't have a food processor.

Should we buy an expensive blender that will (hopefully) last? Or a food processor? I don't want to buy both- we don't have the cabinet space right now and will probably be moving within 6-8 months. For the last baby I made baby food with a blender. But would a food processor be a lot better for that?

You guys talked me out of buying a couch with loosebacked pillows which was probably a very good thing......what is the hive's advice for this?

I bought one of these, and now I never use my blender. It's just so much easier to clean (hey, I'm lazy :001_smile:), plus, unlike a blender, you can use it with hot food. I think as long as you have some liquid it would be fine for making baby food.

I have a very nice Cuisinart food processor, but it's such a pain to clean that I haven't used it in years. I'd rather hand chop, lol. And the hand blender works for anything that I want to pulverize (except I wouldn't try it with meat--but I don't grind my own--and I think you'd need a food processor for that).

Y'know, I hadn't thought of one of those! It looks like that would be a great idea. I could just cook whatever food I was making and then blend it right there in the pan! It doesn't take up much space and it's cheap, so if it doesn't work great, I'm not out a lot of money!

Thanks so much!!!!

Y'know' date=' I hadn't thought of one of those! It looks like that would be a great idea. I could just cook whatever food I was making and then blend it right there in the pan! It doesn't take up much space and it's cheap, so if it doesn't work great, I'm not out a lot of money!

Thanks so much!!!![/quote']

I have this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oster-Hand-Blender/10285443

I love it!

I have (and use) an immersion blender like the one the PP posted, AND a food processor, and a Vita Mix. By far, the one I use most often is the Vita Mix. I love the thing so much that if my house caught on fire that would probably be the thing I save. I use it ALL THE TIME! I never even had a regular blender before I bought it, but now I use it for everything. I make soup in there (yes, it heats it), soft serve ice cream, smoothies, nut butters....tons of stuff.

It was expensive but I can honestly say it was money well spent.