Menu

For those who believe the Bible AND pay attention to current events

Honestly, CURRENT EVENTS ASIDE, I believe the return of Christ to be imminent. Could happen any minute. This is my Blessed Hope.

I believe that not because of what I see in the news, but of what I see in His Word (and I do understand that the opinions of other Christians are varied).

People have been matching current events to Biblical prophesies since Jesus died. Not trying to be dismissive, there's certainly some compelling arguments. I'm not actually sure what I believe. I think those people who believe that the end time prophesies have already happened also have some interesting ideas. I just hesitate to come to any conclusions about it since people have been doing that for a very long time.

Honestly, CURRENT EVENTS ASIDE, I believe the return of Christ to be imminent. Could happen any minute. This is my Blessed Hope.

I believe that not because of what I see in the news, but of what I see in His Word (and I do understand that the opinions of other Christians are varied).

I absolutely agree with this.

Maybe so, maybe not. We will never know until it happens.

I believe as previous posters have said: People have been thinking Jesus will return in their lifetime for 2000 years. There was a movement of young people in the 50's who wouldn't bother going to college because they thought the end of the world would be coming within a couple of years, so why waste time on college?

And that's the danger in thinking about these things too much. Instead of living life as God wanted you to and doing the things God wants you to do (because I believe we all have a purpose and mission, even if it's very small), some people pour too much energy into trying to pin down when God will return. Live each day as God has called you and when he comes...he comes...and it won't matter when it is.

I dunno. Maybe? I don't believe that the Bible would say that Jesus will come like a thief in the night and then also give us uber-specific signs to look for or to show us how close we are to that happening. I don't really read Revelation like a futuristic newspaper, though.

:iagree:

The Book of Revelation is the last book of the Bible which identifies itself as "the revelation of Jesus Christ," and its author designated "his servant John" who was exiled to the Greek Island of Patmos because of his faith. Traditionally, John is identified with the author of the Fourth Gospel. Addressed to seven historical churches in Asia Minor, the Book of Revelation was written to warn against spiritual indifference and to elicit courage under persecution. Because of the extensive use of symbolism and picturesque imagery, its interpretation has posed many problems for the student of the Bible. While recognizing the historical situation (Roman persecution) that elicited this writing, many interpreters look upon it as prophecy depicting events that were to take place at the end of the age. The ultimate victory of Christ is the dominant theme of this book.

I believe as previous posters have said: People have been thinking Jesus will return in their lifetime for 2000 years. There was a movement of young people in the 50's who wouldn't bother going to college because they thought the end of the world would be coming within a couple of years, so why waste time on college?

And that's the danger in thinking about these things too much. Instead of living life as God wanted you to and doing the things God wants you to do (because I believe we all have a purpose and mission, even if it's very small), some people pour too much energy into trying to pin down when God will return. Live each day as God has called you and when he comes...he comes...and it won't matter when it is.

I'm Catholic and I do believe there are many signs of the times. God is speaking LOUDLY! He's also sent the Blessed Mother to ask all of us to turn back to God and to pray. As it says in the Bible, we will not know the day or the hour when Jesus will return, but we are to be ready. Because I follow the messages of Our Lady of Medjugorje, I know that there are events which will happen in the visionaries' lifetimes - they are in their mid-40s. I don't know what those events will be, but they will be significant and will be proof that the Blessed Mother has been appearing - one will be a permanent, indestructible sign. :) I believe that at the end of these happenings, we will be in a new time of peace. So I don't believe Jesus will be returning in the immediate future, but beyond that, I don't know. These are challenging, but exciting times that we're living in. :)

I believe that today we are closer than we were yesterday. I believe that today we are closer to His return than we have ever been. Will it happen in my life time? Only time will tell. There is a passage that says a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day to God. Last days or not my responsiblities as a Christian won't change.

Yes, some of it spooks me, but I also remember that verse that says Fear is not of God. Satan wants us to be afraid so that we lose faith.

I had a thread about this a few weeks back because my mom and aunts and uncles and their pastors all believe it will be in their lifetime. My family are not religious nuts or fanatics, just regular everyday people. I have been looking into what I believe, but they all study the Bible and listen to preachers more than I do so I tend to trust what they think.

I am leaning towards YES.