Menu

computer speakers?

MeganW

We are doing some beginning Spanish stuff on the computer, and even with the volume turned all the way up it isn't loud enough for the 5 of us to hear the pronunciation clearly. And it is kinda muffled sounding. (This is off Discovery Streaming.)

It's an older computer that the kids use, and I am NOT ready to get them something nicer b/c they don't use it that much and b/c they aren't very careful with it.

Any recommendations for dealing with this?

I got some speakers like these for a Christmas present a few years ago. Originally I hooked them up to my iPod; then the computer speakers died and I moved them to the computer. They sound quite good for their size, and easily produce sufficient volume for my kids to watch movies on the computer. They are small and easily portable, so if you don't want to leave them plugged into the computer, you can store them elsewhere and just use them when you need them.

My husband picked up a set of computer speakers for $20 during Christmas time. They were on sale (normally $80 or so?), but really, I think picking up any cheap set of speakers will do what you need. I assume you're using monitor speakers or something right now? My monitor has speakers, but they are awful, and half the time I couldn't hear anything with the sound turned all the way up. The speaker set I got (which is two speakers and a subwoofer (sp?)) sounds soooooooo good compared to that. :)

You don't need anything fancy though. A $20 set should do the job, even if they're not top of the line in sound. They'll still be better than monitor speakers.