Menu

HELP! I need fairly healthy recipes that use a LOT of milk!

OH! Cheese!

Google 'cheese queen' and you'll find this great website by Ricki somebody (Carroll?) who teaches everyday people how to make great cheese at home. It's not all that time-consuming to make things like farmer's cheese, queso, mozzerrella, or ricotta. She makes it easy. It's a great way to use up a lot of milk and the cheese is amazingly good. Also, if you add the whey to soups that you are diluting instead of water, you up the flavor and nutritional content a great deal. Whey would probably sub into gravies as well, although I have not tried that.

OH! Cheese!

Google 'cheese queen' and you'll find this great website by Ricki somebody (Carroll?) who teaches everyday people how to make great cheese at home. It's not all that time-consuming to make things like farmer's cheese, queso, mozzerrella, or ricotta. She makes it easy. It's a great way to use up a lot of milk and the cheese is amazingly good. Also, if you add the whey to soups that you are diluting instead of water, you up the flavor and nutritional content a great deal. Whey would probably sub into gravies as well, although I have not tried that.

I put the link in my post below. It's http://www.cheesemaking.com/

potato soup is delicious, uses lots of milk, and is perfect for this time of year. It's also delish the day or two after if you make enough to put in the fridge to keep for lunches or something.

Sorry, I've never tried to freeze it.

Hot chocolate.

Ice cream. I'm pretty sure that will freeze well. ;)

If you have the cream, I made butter yesterday and it was whey simple and delicious. he he. and now we have a lot of butter milk for biscuits and corn bread.

have cereal, oatmeal, or polenta for breakfast everyday.

rice pudding.

milk shake

I think Cleopatra used to bathe in milk. You might like it. ;) don't bathe with asps.

pudding! Puddings are primarily milk-based, so they're a good way to use up milk. I use a quart every time I make pudding for a family of 3, which gives us about two good-sized servings each. Cornstarch pudding recipes are particularly easy, but I've also found that the ones that call for egg are pretty easy as well.

Chocolate cornstarch pudding: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chocolate-cornstarch-pudding/Detail.aspx