Menu

What is your project list for this year?

1) Sort, organize, and pack away non-seasonal clothes, dispose of ones no longer needed and put the rest away neatly.

2) Sort, organize and file paperwork

3) Cull my books and list any that I need to get rid of (a lot). Put the rest away in the bookshelves where they go.

4) Go through three U-Haul boxes of old schoolwork

5) Finish Crocheting 2 afgans I am working on

6) Spend major time working with PT and get back in the swing of my exercises so that hopefully I will feel better this year.

7) Clean aquarium and get it up and running again.

8) Get puppy fixed, GR groomed and cats ears cleaned and treated for ear mites.

9) Get all the family's dental work done.

10) DO a thorough deep cleaning of the entire house.

11) Finish decorating dining room.

Hang new Curatains

Get new ceiling fan

Hang pictures

Organize bookshelves in that room

Possibly paint

12) Finish Decorating K's room

Hang wall borders

touch up paint

hang wall decorations

13) Decorate S's room

Paint accent wall

Move a bookshelf to her room

Get an extra free standing clothes rack

Get new bedding and curtains

Hang wall decorations

14) Decorate Guest Room

Walls are already painted and furniture in place

Hang wall decorations

15) Begin decorating living room and loft if I have time and resources.

Mostly this will involve paiting these rooms and ajoining alcoves and Hallways.

Hanging Pictures & curtains

Getting area rug for living room and replacing carpet for loft.

16) Decorate downstairs bathroom.

Walls are painted but everything else needs done.

Get Spacesaver for behind toilet

Get shower curtain, rugs and towels

Get a shadow box for all of my little rubber duckies (bathroom theme)

17) Plan trip to GA for spring break and summer camp for 11 year old.

18) Register 8th graders for highschool and pick courses.

19) New clothes for mom and dad. New dishes, pillows, a few great courses, and haircuts.

20) Begin a self study refresher liberal arts program.

21) Go through all the photos and put them in albums or hang them.

I have no idea where the time, energy or resources for accomplish all of this are going to come from, especially since hubby will be traveling non-stop for about six months but at least I have a plan. That's all I can think of for now but I think it is enough to keep me busy. I figured if I really bust my butt, I can try to accomplish two a month and have it done at the end of the year.

So do you have a plan for a list of projects this year? If so what are they? Share and maybe it will help keep un accountable.

Most of it is home related this year. We are on year three in our home, and we have another year or two of finishing it up.

I need to update our "Rec Room," which has all of our crafts, games, math and science supplies, homeschool materials, etc. Now that dc are older, I need to change some things around and make more room to keep serious science supplies safe.

We are changing ds's room into a nicer room (for guests) with our bedroom set and redecorating our bedroom. I'm changing half of our office into a bedroom with a twin or day bed (ds will sleep there when we have company.)

We are remodeling the main bathroom downstairs and our dining room (it is currently down to the drywall) and putting in (shocker!) more bookshelves in the living room.

We're expanding the garden by a square (5x5 instead of 4x4) and putting in either the herb or berry garden this summer. I also need to finish the other half of the landscaping at the front of the house.

I have to finish planning our DC vacation and make reservations and get tickets settled.

Y'all are making me tired just reading what you're planning.

I'm pretty excited. Spent this weekend crossing a big project off my list. We moved my older boys to the former guest room and turned their old room into a guest room/homeschool room. So excited that we now have a homeschool room!! Plus, I used the move as a chance to organize all the hs stuff so that checks another project off the list.

Other projects:

1. Build a rock wall in yard.

2. Plant a small orchard (10 trees and some grapevines)

3. Finish the unfinished side of our basement - drywall, carpet, move shelving units, fix interior doors.

4. Sand and stain the deck

5. Finish unpacking the boxes that got shoved in the attic during the move.

6. A personal project - trying to get a new business off the ground, so the next two months will hopefully be spent finalizing marketing materials and getting out to meet with the potential clients I've identified. Fingers crossed.

I made a list for my knitting projects. :)

1. Finish Mason Dixon Flying Geese Afghan. Ugh. Just chugging on this one to get it done.

2. Finish Mason Dixon Daily Sweater. It's for me, but I'm intimidated! I started and got stuck on the chart.

3. Start & Finish Mason Dixon SK8R Sweater. I bought the yarn for this a while back and it just needs to be started! Maybe Christmas gifts for my boys next year.

Wow! That's quite a list you've got!

Here's what I've got on my plate:

1. Finish bunkbed/shelves in girls' room. I finished most of it yesterday, just need to prime and paint now.

2. Make cushion for new mudroom bench Bud built.

3. Choose new chairs for front porch and make cushion for the bench out there.

4. Some smaller, painty/decoratey projects.

5. Finish real estate courses by the end of January and then take state exam. THis is just not that hard, it's just boring me out of my mind so I keep procrastinating. Which is why I've set this deadline.

6. Finish grammar stage science curriculum I'm working on.

7. Plan and throw Bud's 50th birthday bash!!!

8. Help the middle school orchestra director get the volunteer system working better. She's way overwhelmed because the program has grown so fast.

9. Take a long overdue vacation!

Start running again!!

Paint the trim and baseboards throughout the house.

Paint our kitchen cabinets white.

Pull up the carpet in our bedroom and Emma and Cora's bedroom (those are the only two rooms left with carpet).

I want to put a lot more time into my photography business and get it off the ground.

Breed our Nigerian cross does so we can milk them!!

Spend more time on me!

Go on more dates with my husband.

I would like to plant more fruit trees. We currently have two plum and two apple. I would also like some berry bushes.

I have a list of a few decorating/crafty things I want to do.

I was just thinking last night that I needed to do this. Then I was thinking of how depressing it would be!

1. Maintain kitchen, bathroom, stairs and hall (I've deep-cleaned these and now want to do a daily maintenance routine on them.

2. Deep clean -

living room

dining room

bedrooms

3. The schoolroom is so bad it get's it's own bullet -

a. cull through books. All remaining books on shelves

b. cull through supplies. All remaining supplies in their spots

c. photo albums

d. there's more but I honestly get to hyperventilating if I think about it too much!

4. Shred old files

5. Make new files for this year (I'm late already!)

6. Organize storage.

7. Nag dh into doing the garage with all of us helping. I can't spearhead this because 90% of it is his stuff and I don't know how it goes.

8. Spend 20 min. a day, rain or shine, outside working on the yard/garden.

OK - now I'm depressed. . .

I was just thinking last night that I needed to do this. Then I was thinking of how depressing it would be!

OK - now I'm depressed. . .

You know just two weeks ago I was feeling the same way because I knew I had a lot to do but not exactly what. Just the vague feeling of so much to do was overwhelming but once I made my list, I felt better. Even if I am only working on the first/next item on my list at least I am making progress.

I have a stupid list of projects for this year.

The 52 books a week challenge. I'd accomplish more if I could limit myself to 52, I think.

My knitted square a month challenge.

To finish dh's embroidered quiver in time for a comp in October

A cross stitch for my mother for Christmas

A backstitch and ribbon embroidered poem for my aunt for Christmas

A quilt for the boy for Christmas

Doll bedding for dd for Christmas (The knitted squares will become part of this, I decided last night. Two birds with one stone and all.)

I need to make dd more doll clothes

I need to make garb

To grow stuff in my very small veggie patch. It looks like I'm going to get at least half a dozen beans out of it this season! There should have been two sunflowers, but ds keeps breaking them.

If luck comes our way (and it must be our turn soon,) we'd like to be buying a house at the end of the year. I don't think that will happen though.

Rosie

1) Sort, organize, and pack away non-seasonal clothes, dispose of ones no longer needed and put the rest away neatly.

2) Sort, organize and file paperwork

3) Cull my books and list any that I need to get rid of (a lot). Put the rest away in the bookshelves where they go.

4) Go through three U-Haul boxes of old schoolwork

5) Finish Crocheting 2 afgans I am working on

6) Spend major time working with PT and get back in the swing of my exercises so that hopefully I will feel better this year.

7) Clean aquarium and get it up and running again.

8) Get puppy fixed, GR groomed and cats ears cleaned and treated for ear mites.

9) Get all the family's dental work done.

10) DO a thorough deep cleaning of the entire house.

11) Finish decorating dining room.

Hang new Curatains

Get new ceiling fan

Hang pictures

Organize bookshelves in that room

Possibly paint

12) Finish Decorating K's room

Hang wall borders

touch up paint

hang wall decorations

13) Decorate S's room

Paint accent wall

Move a bookshelf to her room

Get an extra free standing clothes rack

Hang wall decorations

14) Decorate Guest Room

Walls are already painted and furniture in place

Hang wall decorations

15) Begin decorating living room and loft if I have time and resources.

Mostly this will involve paiting these rooms and ajoining alcoves and Hallways.

Hanging Pictures & curtains

Getting area rug for living room and replacing carpet for loft.

16) Decorate downstairs bathroom.

Walls are painted but everything else needs done.

Get Spacesaver for behind toilet

Get shower curtain, rugs and towels

Get a shadow box for all of my little rubber duckies (bathroom theme)

17) Plan trip to GA for spring break and summer camp for 11 year old.

18) Register 8th graders for highschool and pick courses.

19) New clothes for mom and dad. New dishes, pillows, a few great courses, and haircuts.

20) Begin a self study refresher liberal arts program.

21) Go through all the photos and put them in albums or hang them.

I have no idea where the time, energy or resources for accomplish all of this are going to come from, especially since hubby will be traveling non-stop for about six months but at least I have a plan. That's all I can think of for now but I think it is enough to keep me busy. I figured if I really bust my butt, I can try to accomplish two a month and have it done at the end of the year.

So do you have a plan for a list of projects this year? If so what are they? Share and maybe it will help keep un accountable.

All that dental work. . . . and I complain about getting the seven of us through each year. Ugh. Do they schedule more than two of you at time?

All that dental work. . . . and I complain about getting the seven of us through each year. Ugh. Do they schedule more than two of you at time?

Actually we have three different dentist. The girls in GA have one, the girls here have one and my hubby and I have one. WE try to get the two middle girls in at the same time but the rest of us have to work around our schedules. Luckily, I think this year will be cheaper than it has been in awhile because I don't think I will have anyone in braces.

You all are very ambitious!!! Where do you get the time???

I suppose having a DH who is deployed 6 months a year makes life a bit busier....

Anyway -

1) Finish Masters Degree (will be done in October....:tongue_smilie:)

2) Successfully complete DS13's school year

3) Make a long term plan for DS's high school curriculum, and order curriculum for 8th grade

4) Complete the first year of Lingua Latina by myself over the summer so that I can teach it to DS next year

5) Keep the house clean!!!!

6) Run our teen homeschooling group and add new members every month

7) Actually do what I am supposed to be doing as the committee chair for sons BSA Troop.

Uh - yeah, as for housework stuff, that list is perpetual and long. We are trying to re-do our kitchen and driveway... waiting for the time and the cash!

You all are very ambitious!!! Where do you get the time???

By neglecting the housework more than I ought... I justify this by considering that my mental health is more important than vacuuming.

Ds has finally detached from my leg and it's summer so they're both outside for hours each day. I'm not sure how productive I'll be in winter, but I do have a nice bedroom door to barricade myself behind in times of need.

Rosie (should that have gone on the confessions thread?)

The list is always growing and changing and never quite finalized. Today I did accomplished one item that I had really wanted to work on. I cleaned out and reorganized the pantry. I may go back and tweak it a bit, but for the most part, it's done.

The next project is to rearrange the kids bedrooms and spruce them up a bit. I've found a way to make better use of their space. I want to improve the toy storage situation and they need new dressers.

I also want to work on my bedroom. Right now it looks like a picked over yard sale because I keep moving things from the living room that the baby was getting into as he became mobile.

I want to exercise more. The youngest is in a clingy stage right now so that's been impossible. I've been using every minute we are apart to do housework.

I really want to start sewing. This has been on the list for a few years, and I'm tired of not getting it done.

I would really like to get a new couch. I've been looking since August 2009.

I tend to declutter a lot, but I would like to do much more- especially now that i have stopped homeschooling. I intend to sell more books and clothes- I made about $80 a couple of weekends ago, just for 3 hours work at swap meet, selling books. I really have a hankering to have much fewer possessions, to live simply. I would like to deep clean the house too but that happens in bits as I declutter.

52 books in 52 weeks. So far, I am enjoying that challenge.

Get my vegie gardens very productive so that they pay for themselves!

Find my new passion, now that homeschooling is finished.

Ooh, and I also want to buy a MAC 27 inch computer.

Well....I'd LIKE to...

• Organize the kids books into a "classroom library" - DONE
  • Donate to Goodwill - About to do that this weekend! I have tons of bags of clothing, shoes and toys.
  • Strip bathroom cabinets and paint them
  • Strip coffee table and refinish it and fix weak leg
  • Finish tiling the entry way
  • Seal the bathroom floor tiles
  • Paint girls bedroom
  • Clean up deck
  • Clean up backyard
  • Clean up flowerbeds
  • Plan and Plant a garden :001_huh:
  • Teach the girls to ride a bike!
  • Paint baseboards
  • Replace register cover in kitchen