Menu

I'm done with dairy goats. :-(

I gave a friend my last two dairy goats today. I've had dairy goats for most of the last 11 years. However, dd and I are really sticking to our vegan diets, and I have no one else at home that really cares whether they drink goat or cow, so I passed my does to a friend whose family has a real need for the raw milk.

This is also in prep for my trip to Hawaii when, God-willing all goes well, dd has her baby. I plan to be gone for 2 months. I think it's time to reduce the workload around here.

Anyway, I'm sad about it. I cried when I drove away. I feel like I've betrayed them somehow, even though I know they will be well taken care of (probably better). It's just hard to part with animals that trust you as their caretaker.

Idk why I posted this really, but if you read it, thanks.

:grouphug: I know exactly how you feel. I recently leased an old mare to a wonderful young 4H girl. The mare is well taken care of and being ridden daily and even learning new things. But I miss that mare, and I worry about her, and things just don't seem the same here without her. Sorry about the loss of your goats in your life. Change is always hard.

Anyway, I'm sad about it. I cried when I drove away. I feel like I've betrayed them somehow, even though I know they will be well taken care of (probably better). It's just hard to part with animals that trust you as their caretaker.

Idk why I posted this really, but if you read it, thanks.

I'm so sorry. I only had my girls for a year but I miss them very much from moving here. :( Goats are like dogs, but better. I don't think people get how much personality they have. And when your family has been dependent on them for well-being, you're even closer to them.