Menu

What is it with pictures of food on FB?

Unless you're an actual food photographer, snapshots of food on FB just look...unappetizing. Unless it's a lovely cake for a wedding or something. But pictures of casseroles, soups, etc. Yuck.

Someone just posted a picture of their soup and it just looks like vomit. Pictures of food do not translate well unless you know how to photograph food.

There. I've been meaning to get that off my chest for a while now.

Carry on. Or turn this into a 45 page debate. Whichever. :tongue_smilie:

Well...I don't know about that...I thought this cupcake picture my husband uploaded looked pretty yummy, :tongue_smilie: and he's not a food photographer:

[ATTACH]4302[/ATTACH]

I can see how soup could be kind of iffy, though. :lol:

For some reason, desserts can handle it. But pizzas, soups, casseroles? ICK. Something just gets lost in translation. LOL

What about homemade bread? As in braided loaves with a shiny crust. I'm guilty of posting those.

:) Yep, me too. I actually have loaf of Challah bread that DS and I made as my profile picture right now. I am not a food photographer, but I don't let that stop me.

I didn't post this one but I was going to (maybe a good thing I didn't?). We have a friend who makes these awesome pizzas. The egg is really good on it. It just adds a mellow flavor. I thought it was cool. Would it be disgusting to others? Now I'm thinking I had better check with the hive. I am ready for truth here! :)

post-4598-13535084411088_thumb.jpg

post-4598-13535084411088_thumb.jpg

Edited by BeckyFL

I don't know if he posts them on FB (since I don't participate in that), but my ds takes pictures of food. He started it when he went away to Japan. He just really missed food tha twas familar to him so when he came home, he take a picture of almost every meal he ate. I thought it was strange. He has started taking pictures of meals he makes that he is proud of. After a couple of years, I quit thinking it was strange. When he sees the pictures, he is reminded of the taste, the smell and the time and place of the meal. I think it helps him to deal with being so far away.

I didn't post this one but I was going to (maybe a good thing I didn't?). We have a friend who makes these awesome pizzas. The egg is really good on it. It just adds a mellow flavor. I thought it was cool. Would it be disgusting to others? Now I'm thinking I had better check with the hive. I am ready for truth here! :)

Can you get the crust recipe for me? It looks amazing! I don't know about the egg part, flavor-wise, but the picture looks good.

Can you get the crust recipe for me? It looks amazing! I don't know about the egg part, flavor-wise, but the picture looks good.

He made a stuffed crust by putting mozzarella sticks on it and folding it over them (he doesn't always do this but in the picture he did). He used Dasani water and all purpose flour. Not sure beyond that with ingredients but it was very simple. He uses a pizza stone and peel with a very hot oven as well.

We have a friend who makes these awesome pizzas. The egg is really good on it. It just adds a mellow flavor. I thought it was cool. Would it be disgusting to others? Now I'm thinking I had better check with the hive. I am ready for truth here! :)

The gross thing about it is all the grease sitting in the peperoni. It's not an appetizing photo, but I'd rather see it than not. I'm a very visual person, and I would be much more likely to make it if I could imagine what it would look like IRL. So my vote is, yes, post it. It is very interesting with that egg; I just know I'll be thinking about it all day!