Menu

Living with whackaloons

In tidying the pantry this morning, I moved a box of steel-cut oats. Only it now reads, thanks to a black Sharpie, "Steel-cut Stoats." And not just on the front of the package; every reference to oats has been amended.

My husband is a goofball (with, it would seem, too much time on his hands).

What have your resident nutjobs done to make you laugh?

I am always joking with the kids at our house. The other day I as making chip dip using Mexican Velveta cheese. It has green chilies in it. I was cutting it up and started yelling to my 14 yr old son. Oh look the cheese is moldy. Thats so gross. Then I said well I just feed it to your baby siblings and I turned gave each little one a piece as my 14 yr old was staring in horror. He started to yell don't give that to them. I finally had to tell him it was okay.

My DH grew up using some very odd words in his house for certain items. Some of them are cultural (he's Aussie), but most of them were exclusive to his family. For example, he's the oldest son, and when he was tiny, he called orange juice 'sonjee' because he couldn't say the proper words. It caught on with his mother, and so all the other boys grew up knowing what sonjee was.

So I'll check my whiteboard to see what items have made it to the running grocery list, and I'll see things like, "Sonjee" or "Oogy-googies" (eggs) or "Cat soup" (ketchup) written there.

Gotta love him. :lol:

I

What have your resident nutjobs done to make you laugh?

Spent untold hours trying to gerryrig something the birds could enjoy the squirrels couldn't get to. Last score was squirrels 4--man 0. I spent 5 minutes on Amazon, and we now have the squirrels thwarted. What did hubby do? Make a corn cob holder and bought a big bag of on-the-cob squirrel food.

I am always joking with the kids at our house. The other day I as making chip dip using Mexican Velveta cheese. It has green chilies in it. I was cutting it up and started yelling to my 14 yr old son. Oh look the cheese is moldy. Thats so gross. Then I said well I just feed it to your baby siblings and I turned gave each little one a piece as my 14 yr old was staring in horror. He started to yell don't give that to them. I finally had to tell him it was okay.

My DH did this the other day, with homemade hummus. He joked with our son that it was cat food, and then licked his finger lol. DS was horrified. and then, DD (who was in on the joke) tried some too. DS was still appalled, but scrunched up his face and braved a taste, because his sister cannot be tougher than he is :lol:

My dh lives to make the kids and I laugh. We had one of my sons little action figures in our bathtub for a while. Soon the little figure started showing up in funny and sometimes naughty poses whenever I would go into our bathroom. Like riding the toothpaste like a horse, or sitting on the edge of the toilet with a tiny bit of tp in it's hand, or in my shower lounging with a tiny paper supposed to look like a book. I won't mention the naughty poses, but suffice it to say it was very funny. We started trading back and forth to see who could out-do each other. His sense of humor is one of his sexiest qualities.:tongue_smilie::D

Mac 'n Mold, that's what my punks call it. :D

My dh lives to make the kids and I laugh. We had one of my sons little action figures in our bathtub for a while. Soon the little figure started showing up in funny and sometimes naughty poses whenever I would go into our bathroom. Like riding the toothpaste like a horse, or sitting on the edge of the toilet with a tiny bit of tp in it's hand, or in my shower lounging with a tiny paper supposed to look like a book. I won't mention the naughty poses, but suffice it to say it was very funny. We started trading back and forth to see who could out-do each other. His sense of humor is one of his sexiest qualities.:tongue_smilie::D

We do this (minus the naughty poses) with a little cake-topper kewpie doll that a friend sent us to celebrate the birth of dd#3.

DH's job as a mental health person sometimes takes him out among the local Amish. One day out on an Amish farm, wearing his usual long, black coat, a young Amish girl shyly pointed out to him that 'a bird must have dirtied on his shoulder'. With the (several) other Amish family members watching in utter fascination and horror, DH stuck a finger in the white stuff and licked it........ Then turned to them with a grin and said 'oh no, I had a whoopie pie in the car!'