Menu

Am I a horrible mother for thinking this is really funny?

14yo ds just came in my bedroom and asked if his face looks any different.

me: Did you just shave?

Ds has never shaved before and really didn't need to. He just had a little bit of fuzz on his upper lip.

ds: yea.

me: Did you use my razor?

me: The one down in the shower?

ie - not a new one from the package in my dresser

me: You know that I've used that?

me: On my legs.

me: And...

ds: Awww, you shave...???? You're like 80!!!!!!

Actually I'm only 41, but I do shave just for a swim suit line kind of thing. Poor ds was mortified. That's what you get for using my razor without asking. :lol:

14yo ds just came in my bedroom and asked if his face looks any different.

me: Did you just shave?

Ds has never shaved before and really didn't need to. He just had a little bit of fuzz on his upper lip.

me: Did you use my razor?

me: The one down in the shower?

ie - not a new one from the package in my dresser

me: You know that I've used that?

me: On my legs.

me: And...

ds: Awww, you shave...???? You're like 80!!!!!!

Actually I'm only 41, but I do shave just for a swim suit line kind of thing. Poor ds was mortified. That's what you get for using my razor without asking. :lol:

This is HYSTERICAL!!! Gotta LOVE those adolescent boys...hahaha:lol:

Faithe

That's funny!

I have to share this story about my step-son.

He was 13 when he moved in with us. I had an overstuffed recliner in my bedroom. I usually just tossed my bra over the arm at night when I went to bed. Well, one morning, as I was lounging in my workout clothes, all 3 kids were in my bedroom talking with me. Dss sat in that chair and was just going on and on about something, just a light casual conversation. All of a sudden I realized that he had his arm right on my bra! I started laughing, I couldn't help it, this is the kid that would drink after anyone, was extremely private, etc... He kept asking what? what? All I could do was point. When he noticed he had his arm on my bra he jumped out of the chair and ran out of the room and down the hall.:lol: Even funnier....the bra had hooked itself to him!:lol:

This is one of my favorite memories and it still makes me laugh out loud, as did your story about your son and your razor. I can just hear the mortification in your son's voice.!:lol:

For such cool, aloof individuals teenage boys sure are squeamish!

That is sooooo funny. I do the same thing with my jeans and bra - on an easy chair in my room. When my 12yo comes in to sit and chat, he uses his foot to knock them on the floor. I can just imagine him running out of the room if he inadvertantly sat on it. LOL

That's funny!

I have to share this story about my step-son.

He was 13 when he moved in with us. I had an overstuffed recliner in my bedroom. I usually just tossed my bra over the arm at night when I went to bed. Well, one morning, as I was lounging in my workout clothes, all 3 kids were in my bedroom talking with me. Dss sat in that chair and was just going on and on about something, just a light casual conversation. All of a sudden I realized that he had his arm right on my bra! I started laughing, I couldn't help it, this is the kid that would drink after anyone, was extremely private, etc... He kept asking what? what? All I could do was point. When he noticed he had his arm on my bra he jumped out of the chair and ran out of the room and down the hall.:lol: Even funnier....the bra had hooked itself to him!:lol:

This is one of my favorite memories and it still makes me laugh out loud, as did your story about your son and your razor. I can just hear the mortification in your son's voice.!:lol:

For such cool, aloof individuals teenage boys sure are squeamish!

Years and years ago, when I was living at home and about 19 years old, I used to get in from work very late at night and needed to get a second wind before climbing up the stairs to go to bed. Sometimes, I would sit in the family room, watch a little TV, unwind. I had this bad habit of taking off my bra and stuffing it under the sofa. Apparently, a time or two I was SO tired, I forgot to take my bra up the stairs.

So... one day, my mother was vacuuming under the sofa and something got stuffed in the hose. "What the...?" Out came a bra, another bra, another bra, and another bra. For some reason, my parents thought this was hilarious. They figured out a little joke to play on me.

One Saturday morning, I came down for breakfast. My parents were calmly seated at the table, sipping coffee, eating toast. The ceiling fan was spinning. On each fan blade, there was a bra... four bras, spinning round and round the kitchen.

I said, "Oh. I wondered where they'd all gone off to..."

:svengo:

Years and years ago, when I was living at home and about 19 years old, I used to get in from work very late at night and needed to get a second wind before climbing up the stairs to go to bed. Sometimes, I would sit in the family room, watch a little TV, unwind. I had this bad habit of taking off my bra and stuffing it under the sofa. Apparently, a time or two I was SO tired, I forgot to take my bra up the stairs.

So... one day, my mother was vacuuming under the sofa and something got stuffed in the hose. "What the...?" Out came a bra, another bra, another bra, and another bra. For some reason, my parents thought this was hilarious. They figured out a little joke to play on me.

One Saturday morning, I came down for breakfast. My parents were calmly seated at the table, sipping coffee, eating toast. The ceiling fan was spinning. On each fan blade, there was a bra... four bras, spinning round and round the kitchen.

I said, "Oh. I wondered where they'd all gone off to..."

:svengo:

:lol: