Menu

What snacks do you bring into Disney World?

I'm looking snack ideas for Disney. We eat breakfast at our condo and lunch or dinner at the parks, not typically both. I'm looking for some snack ideas that I can throw in my backpack. I figured granola bars and apples. What are some other things you take?

We have no food allergies, so have at it :D.

I brought popcorn with us and that worked well. Once we got in the park, the kids really wanted the Mickey Mouse cookies like EVERYONE else had (rolling my eyes) so maybe you could find some kind of Disney snack to take with you to cover that. We also brought those fruit gummy snacks. We don't get them often, but they were good to throw in a bag. We also brought our own bottled water and capri suns. My bag was very heavy going in, but it was worth it.

We brought in apple slices, granola bars, and trail mix, and water. We also brought cheese sandwiches, so we could skip the expensive food there almost completely. We did eat a meal once when we stayed long enough to need dinner too; I bought a coffee once, and we splurged on ice cream one day, but lunches and most snacks and drinks were all from the backpack. :tongue_smilie:

I usually bring:

granola bars

yogurt bars

cheddar bunnies

graham crackers

sometimes I bring a can of vienna sausages

squirrel wedges

beef jerky for protein

Usually I bring a really small cooler and stuff it in the bottom of our stroller. I can put a few sandwiches in there.

Just a tip....we never bring in bottled waters. We did that a few times and they are a pain to carry around. Disney will give you a huge cup of ice water at any restaurant or concession stand for free. We usually stop and grab a big cup of water about twice a day. Sometimes I carry sippy cups for the kids to pour some water in there and we toss them in the bottom of the stroller.

We got sick of water so I bought those kool aid and Crystal light singles and also got the free cups of water, but dumped in a single packet.

To be fun, I did buy Disney fruit snacks. I put disney stickers on the other snacks too :)

We did the same snacks as above posters. We never eat the food at Disney, just breakfast before we leave and sandwiches for lunch/dinner and snacks.'

Oh yeah..one other thing was apples, crackers, and those peanut butter singles for some protein for the kiddos to put on top

I make homemade uncrustables. I put wax paper between the sandwiches so they don't stick together, throw them in a ziploc, and freeze them, then carry them in a backpack with pringles or cheez-its (the can/box keeps them from getting smushed in the backpack), bananas or apples, and granola bars. I also get water for free in the park, the we live locally so I went ahead and bought one of the souvenir cups for refills. That way we are wasting all those cups because they won't refill the free ones.

We always bring in lunch and heavy snacks...

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

yogurt

apple slices

orange slices (not the candy)

pretzels

carrot sticks

water

cliff bars

the kids had money of their own to spend on anything extra; it really made them think about buying $4.00 ice cream or waiting until we got home to have ice cream for free.

Have FUN!

We are a huge snack family- LOL. I try to do most things organic so snacks get pricey, but still much better for & cheaper than most themed food options. :)

-Organic yogurt smoothies or push up things (go-gurts)

-Cheese sticks, cubed cheese or sliced cheese to put on crackers

-Frozen applesauce cups or on-the-go squeeze ones

-Granola bars or nutra-grain bars

-Trail mix (huge favorite)

-Carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, celery & ranch dressing

-Grapes or other finger held fruit

-Pretzels, cracker sandwiches (wh wheat & cheese) or Cheez-Its

-Newman O's (natural oreos), Fig Newtons

Have fun! We're leaving for a cruise this Friday, so I'm w/ you on leaving the ice/snow to soak up the sun. :)

I usually bring:

granola bars

yogurt bars

cheddar bunnies

graham crackers

sometimes I bring a can of vienna sausages

squirrel wedges

beef jerky for protein

Usually I bring a really small cooler and stuff it in the bottom of our stroller. I can put a few sandwiches in there.

What are squirrel wedges?

Cashews, pistachios (although these were troublesome in making sure we weren't leaving a trail of shells!), bananas, and apple slices. We also brought lots of water bottles, but we had a double stroller to haul all of this stuff in. It worked great, because we never felt that desperate hungry feeling that makes you not care if an order of fries does cost $4.

What are squirrel wedges?

It's a high protein snack I make for my kids. I grind up all sorts of nuts....usually I use sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, and walnuts. I add a bit of honey and cinnamon. I add peanut butter and Nutella and stir. I keep adding PB and Nutella until I get it to the consistency of a paste. Then I spread the paste in between two whole wheat flour tortillas. I cut it into 8 wedges. I named them squirrel wedges because they contain lots of nuts....and squirrels love nuts. Plus, if I gave it a fun name, I knew my kids would be more likely to eat them LOL. They love them! And they are easy to throw into a small gladlock container and carry them with us anywhere.

It's a high protein snack I make for my kids. I grind up all sorts of nuts....usually I use sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, and walnuts. I add a bit of honey and cinnamon. I add peanut butter and Nutella and stir. I keep adding PB and Nutella until I get it to the consistency of a paste. Then I spread the paste in between two whole wheat flour tortillas. I cut it into 8 wedges. I named them squirrel wedges because they contain lots of nuts....and squirrels love nuts. Plus, if I gave it a fun name, I knew my kids would be more likely to eat them LOL. They love them! And they are easy to throw into a small gladlock container and carry them with us anywhere.

Squirrel wedges sound yummy!

Well, we typically bring lunch and a snack into the parks with us!

We take this in:

http://www.expotv.com/IGLOO-Maxcold-Max-Pack-Cooler/29-S5a

Can of pringles

dried fruit

cheese sticks or string cheese

pretzles

trail mix

nuts, seeds

granola bars

fruit

crackers in a tupperware

sandwiches in a tupperware

We took our own lunch and snacks as well. PB&J, or pimento cheese sandwiches, pudding cups, fruit cups, chips, granola bars, beef jerky, bottled water, gummy snacks, trail mix, etc. That way we could splurge a few days on ice cream. I think we ate lunch in the Park once. Breakfast was usually granola bars and juice boxes in our room.