Menu

PRAISE REPORT: Some Good News!!!!!

I am here so often asking for prayer, I thought it would be nice to post a Praise Report!:hurray::hurray::hurray:

My dd31, Stacey, was involved in a lawsuit - Stacey was being sued by the buyer of a home that was sold 4 years ago. The plaintiff claimed that there were 'water issues' in the basement (gosh, does THAT theme follow ME everywhere!!!!:glare:) despite a home inspection that had been conducted, etc. The plaintiff was seeking $50k in damages.

Today was Mediation -- Stacey's husband, Mario, just called me, and they have reached a settlement -- Stacey's portion of the settlement is only 10% of a very small amount of money. The plaintiff's realtor is responsible for the 90%. Suffice to say, the $$$ the individual walks away with will go directly to that individual's attorney.

I am so relieved for Stacey -- this has been such a weight on her -- she is dealing with the loss of their baby in November, Mr. Nummy-Nuts at her school who is determined that she not be offered a contract for the upcoming school year, and this.

I am so thankful that THIS is now off the radar.

Praise G-d.:001_smile:

Yeah!!!!!

Good news!

Glad to hear it.

So glad to hear this. Your dd deserves peace of mind.

:grouphug: That's great!

Happy to hear that!!

:)

Yippee Hooray! One less thing to worry about.

Thank you all so much!!!!!:grouphug: Bless you!

Oh, joy! Thank you, Lord! Now about those other things... (more prayers!).
..............:glare:.........oh, boy! Yes, those prayers for that other intention - my mom, my sis, etc........please do not let up, ladies!

When I spoke with my mom this morning, she was telling me how ready she is to leave rehab (ready as in: I can already do so much for myself) -- she arrived late Friday, btw.:glare:

I had 'the talk' with her -- but I fear it is falling (bad choice of a word, I know) on deaf ears.

Your prayers are coveted.:001_smile:

Is there anyone at the rehab facility she would listen to? Maybe one or more of the nurses, therapists, and/or doctors could put a scare into her by telling her the consequences of not completing her rehab and thereby reinjuring herself at home and things don't heal as well if broken again or something similar.

Is there anyone at the rehab facility she would listen to? Maybe one or more of the nurses, therapists, and/or doctors could put a scare into her by telling her the consequences of not completing her rehab and thereby reinjuring herself at home and things don't heal as well if broken again or something similar.

The OT and PT and I all had that talk with her last week at the hospital. And, it did do its job -- it got her to rehab. But, now that she is there (and she sounds fabulous btw), she is ready to jet out of there and go back home. I mean, really? She has had (are you ready for this?) at the end of today, ONE, yes ONE day of therapy!:banghead:

I tried to explain to her that she sounds and feels better b/c she is resting appropriately and she is in a virtually stress-free environment -- compared to being at sis' house.....and that is real positive in her getting better.

She's not listening. I know what will happen (and I HATE to be a doomsayer - but I see this going the way of everything else regarding her) -- she will get herself jettisoned out of rehab, she will be home TWO days, and she will be moaning and crying that she should have stayed in rehab for the entire 20 days she was allowed to stay there, b/c there would not have been one single change in anything at home.

I spoke with her this morning at length about the danger of re-injuring herself..................I spoke with her about leaving too soon and never re-gaining her independence.........I spoke with her about leaving too soon and not being able to drive with a cast on her leg and how she would be so isolated until the cast was removed (8 weeks from now).............she didn't listen. I reminded her that she was so unhappy before the injury, and that was when she was able to get in her car and go someplace if the isolation got to her.

:svengo: