Menu

NEED HELP!!!

Guest Loughridge

Guest Loughridge

I have a 5 and 4 year old boy and 2 1/2 yr old girl...im trying to get info on curriculums I just would love info from people on good and bad on what is out there. The ones I have looked in to are....CLASS...A BEKA....Sonlight....Any suggestions.

As a mom of four, I would say be careful not to push too much at such young ages. My 5 yr old (the youngest) is doing more advanced work, but that is b/c he wants to. The others did better with a gentler approach. I love this book

The Early Years: A Charlotte Mason Preschool Handbook by Simply Charlotte Mason www.simplycharlottemason.com. Hours in the Out of Doors is also great...same site.

:iagree: with Five in a Row. (FIAR). I will also suggest Heart of Dakota. http://www.heartofdakota.com. I simply love the gentle and fun approach, CM style of Carrie Austin (the author). Your 4 and 5yo would likely fit nicely together in Little Hearts for His Glory and it doesn't take up a ton of your time. The stories you will read are precious and the crafts and other activities are fun and engaging. Great for that age. They will learn math with hands-on activities, science that way as well, Bible, letters/sounds, some writing if they are capable, art, music, etc. in a really fun and non-threatening, informal approach. HOD has a message board with a bunch of ladies who are very friendly and full of great advice. Not to steer you away from FIAR (which is also a ton of fun and very informal) but I just adore HOD now. If I could only do both.:D My best advise: Have FUN with them at that age. They grow up so quickly and there will be plenty of formal schooling later on.

Is "none" an acceptable answer? I don't use anything formal until about 7-8 years old. Until then we read a lot, talk a lot, do a lot -- and I focus on answering the questions (or comment on the comments) as they come.

This, absolutely.

As a mom of four, I would say be careful not to push too much at such young ages. My 5 yr old (the youngest) is doing more advanced work, but that is b/c he wants to. The others did better with a gentler approach. I love this book

The Early Years: A Charlotte Mason Preschool Handbook by Simply Charlotte Mason www.simplycharlottemason.com. Hours in the Out of Doors is also great...same site.

And, while you're waiting, read those.