Menu

What do you know about this herbal tincture mixture?

My naturpath gave me this herbal tincture to help slow my monthly bleeding. But I was under the impression that herbs do not work right away like regular medicine?

This is what she gave me.

Tinctures of : Chaste Tree Berry, Shepards Purse, Yarrow, Motherwort, and Cinnamon.

The directions say take 2 dropperfuls in water of juice 3X a day. Star taking 3 days before the start of the first day of your period, and continue until bleeding is no longer heavy.

Well, sometimes I can never tell when my period is coming, but she says I can start taking it the day I start spotting.

So, is any of this herbal stuff any good??

I gave her a list of my prescrption meds and she says it is safe.

What says the Hive?

ETA:Is this something you can make yourself? It was $21.00 to buy from her.

The chasteberry part regulates hormones in your body. The shepherds purse is specifically for stopping bleeding. Yarrow also is for stopping bleeding. Motherwort works for uterine disorders as well as other things. Cinnamon can control bleeding as well as other things.

Tinctures are often expensive but you use a very little bit of it. I think there are recipes for making them online but I've never done anything like that so I would hesitate to say one way or another.

I haven't used this particular tincture but yes, I've had very good results from herbal tinctures for other problems.

The chasteberry part regulates hormones in your body. The shepherds purse is specifically for stopping bleeding. Yarrow also is for stopping bleeding. Motherwort works for uterine disorders as well as other things. Cinnamon can control bleeding as well as other things.

Tinctures are often expensive but you use a very little bit of it. I think there are recipes for making them online but I've never done anything like that so I would hesitate to say one way or another.

I haven't used this particular tincture but yes, I've had very good results from herbal tinctures for other problems.

:iagree:

Shes on the right track- its a good herbal mixture for your issue. Whether its enough...wait and see. ANd yes, it might take a few cycles before you see significant results.

Thanks.

I looked up the herbs. What concerns me is that it states people with high blood pressure(I take medication for it and it is controlled), should not take Motherwort or Shepherds Purse??

She is aware that I take medication for this. I will assume that this is okay then?

She is also making me another tincture to take throughout the month to balance hormones.

I am awaiting my next monthly cycle to see if this works. I am anxious to see!!

Thank you ladies:lol:

Shes on the right track- its a good herbal mixture for your issue. Whether its enough...wait and see. ANd yes, it might take a few cycles before you see significant results.

I am not supposed to take this all month, only during my cycle, which is why I was wondering if it is supposed to work right away?

Thanks Peela.