Menu

S/O: Christmas money, just a little whine from me!

DH received a $25 Starbucks gift card for Christmas from work. He doesn't drink coffee so he gave it to me.

I have recently gotten into making myself a nice blended frappaccino in the afternoons and thought it would be perfect to use the $25 for one of those 20oz. cups like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Starbucks-Ounce-Clear-Insulated-Tumbler/dp/B002XK66GM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1295206389&sr=8-3

I think they are only $20 in the store.

Well.......I had NO IDEA that they are seasonal! They are only sold in the stores during Christmas and then again in the summer!

GRRRR!!!!!!!! I want it NOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Just a little Varuca Salt rant.

Dawn

Well, all FOUR Starbucks I went to (to look) told me the same thing....late Spring/early Summer.

Dawn

I bet if you are patient Starbucks will come out with another cup for Valentine's day or Mother's day.... I hate to be patient though!

My mom visited last summer with a Starbuck's gift card from a friend in tow. She treated us twice from it. Now I'm addicted!

I vote to splurge and order something wonderful a few times! My favorites are the Chai Frappuccino and the Chai Latte. They also make me a custom frappuccino, half coffee, chocolate, vanilla bean. I don't like coffee by itself, so I have to hide it in a lot of chocolate...

Oooh, I have one of those cups, and it is wonderful!

I am pretty sure my Starbucks had them over Christmas, with a different design on the cup. I want to say they had red stripes, but I could easily be remembering that wrong. I was surprised to see them in the winter.

Good luck with your search. They're worth the wait.

Terri

I was just at BB&B the other day and my friend bought a 2 pack of those cups (she dropped her starbucks one and cracked it!)... i believe it was 8.99 for both of them. I remember us saying wow.. so much cheaper than ONE of those cups from Starbucks. I paid 12.99 for mine a couple years ago.

What brand and what size? The one I want is the Tervis in 24 ounce. Also, if it is the Copco (I think that is the name), it is not double walled. The 24 ounce was about $16 and then you have to buy the straw and the lid separately! It was about $20 with everything.....

Dawn

I was just at BB&B the other day and my friend bought a 2 pack of those cups (she dropped her starbucks one and cracked it!)... i believe it was 8.99 for both of them. I remember us saying wow.. so much cheaper than ONE of those cups from Starbucks. I paid 12.99 for mine a couple years ago.
Edited by DawnM

They just change out the straws...in the summer the straw is green. In the winter/Christmas the straw looks like a candycane.

Dawn

Oooh, I have one of those cups, and it is wonderful!

I am pretty sure my Starbucks had them over Christmas, with a different design on the cup. I want to say they had red stripes, but I could easily be remembering that wrong. I was surprised to see them in the winter.

Good luck with your search. They're worth the wait.

Terri

I haven't seen any quality ones at Walmart or Target. I also haven't seen the larger ones.....

I am just irritated because I thought this was a no-brainer...walk right in and get what I want and walk out! I had NO idea!

I can hang onto my gift card for now if I need to.

Dawn

How about buying yourself a cup from somewhere else (the Walmart ones are too expensive) and using the gift card to get yourself some more coffee beans to make the fraps with.

Thank you all for letting me whine.

I decided to take your advice and just get the one from BBB and use my Starbucks card for something else, probably a couple of pounds of beans.

I researched the double walled tumblers and the Tervis rated the highest AND seemed to be the only one that can go in the dishwasher and has a lifetime warrantee.

I had a 20% off your entire purchase coupon to BBB.

So, I got it last night....can't wait to use it today.

Dawn

I realize this is too late, but thought I'd post anyway. I saw these kinds of cups (double-walled, clear, 19 oz.) at Big Lots yesterday for $5. This week Buzz Club Rewards members can use a 20% off coupon, making them only $4 plus tax. The only thing I wonder about is a replacement straw, but I suppose Starbucks sells them---not sure, just guessing.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone's interested. I don't remember the brand, but I do remember that they were BPA (?) free.