Menu

ITBS with a 98% composite, WWYD?

rafiki

I would stick with sending in results for the grade/age your child would be in in PS to the district. If you're wondering for your own personal information then you could give a higher level test for that.

I was using the ITBS, but considering my state only cares if they are in Stanine 4 or higher for there total math and total LA, and don't care about anything else, that was a lot of time spent on the ITBS for subjects that the state just doesn't care about and that I don't need information on because I'm well aware of how my kids are doing in those areas.

I'm going back to the CAT survey that Seton sells. It will fulfill the state requirement and I can have my kids take a longer or more subject area test for my personal information if I ever feel I need it.

I guess ask on the accelerated board or google or something. I came across a lady in my area who does it, so that took care of it for me. There are so many tests talked about around here, I didn't even know what I was looking for. Now I've also read people on the boards saying their WJIII scores were comparable to ITBS. The advantage is no ceiling and the shorter testing frame. 1-2 hours and you're done.

I want something detailed for MY knowledge only. Which is why we used both the CAT/ITBS last year. Our district only requires a 33% composite.

It tests only the 3 R's. But it's a much smaller population of students taking it, essentially ones applying to some private schools. So it's a more competitive group, I've heard.

HTH!